Bargain Second-Hand Big Dishes For Sale

Maybe not direct it was a long time ago maybe plates ?, I will have to check what's on mine I still have it its finding it that's the trouble. excuse the angles you get the idea
s-l1600.webp
 
blademedia,

I do not think those three holes are direct fixing points for a Precision 1.2m dish. If you check the 1.2m dish face for the rivet heads that hold the tubular steel mounting ring on the back of the dish they are in a circle of approximately 58cm diameter. The ring used by Precision for a 1.2m dish was 60cm diameter. The circular plate on the motor mount is too small to mount the dish directly onto it, there would need to be an adapter plate or some type of metal framework to scale up to the 3 fixing points on the Precision dish.

One of the photos in the listing shows the motor close the the dishes, it's fairly easy to see the motor circular plate is undersized for the rear mounting ring on the Precision dishes.


Rgds
I think the mount looks similar to one that @Trust1 has, although his mount looks beefier.
Somewhere on sat.co.uk there is a thread where he takes the thing apart to see what's inside...
The mount was for an old American PF dish IIRC, where the clever bit is the declination control, which is performed by loosening the bolt on the bracket that attaches to the dish, and then rotating the whole dish.
I do not remember the name, but I'm sure Trust1 can fill in the details.

Somewhere on this site I even remember seeing the manual for one for one of these dishes...
 
H2H motor? I though those things were called polar mounts.
Skew controller looks awfully a lot like a detergent bottle...

I'm not the one selling it
Looks suspiciously like a Levick dish to me btw, which would make it over 20 years old
 
^^^^^

Trivial issues such as distance seem no bar to some of our intrepid members!
 
Couple of interesting dishes for sale in Belgium. Small one is old, made in West Germany NSC 1,2m dish on the interesting mount. ScreenHunter_77 Oct. 11 23.01.webp I just wonder where they got snow on the picture ScreenHunter_78 Oct. 11 23.02.webp , maybe picture is old.
Another one is even more interesting dish on the very heavy and solid platform. For me this dis is also looks like old NSC, but also maybe CM. ScreenHunter_79 Oct. 11 23.05.webp
 
I think THIS is real bargain. Fibo 90, polar-mount an motor included, and only 10 quid. s-l1600.webp
 
satellite dish 1.2metre plus positioner

nice mount ive seen the lnb holder and arms fitted on channel master dishes must be the same f/d as echostar
it is indeed 0.6 f/D for both dishes (the echostar is an OEM version of the Prodelin 1130).
Both dishes have an offset angle of 22.6 degrees (which is a remarkable coincidence, somehow), so the feedarms from Prodelin should work on a CM with holes in the right places (tricky!).
But as RimaNTSS would urge: Make your own - you can get multifeed support etc.
 
it is indeed 0.6 f/D for both dishes (the echostar is an OEM version of the Prodelin 1130).
Both dishes have an offset angle of 22.6 degrees (which is a remarkable coincidence, somehow), so the feedarms from Prodelin should work on a CM with holes in the right places (tricky!).
But as RimaNTSS would urge: Make your own - you can get multifeed support etc.
i never measured it was just a observation over the years, I make all my own parts best way make it how you want it :)
 
The last one does look like a CM but the mount is not original.
Although the CM would have very likely some sort of marking on the fronts, they have been seen without.
So it could also be an NSC 1.8, but the faint patterns of dirt on the front (that follows the ribbing on the back) support the CM theory.
Hard to tell.
 
Philips\fibo with motor, 50 £. Was wondering if I 'need' (lol) another dish.... Or someone in Norway reading this may be interested.

gi bud
 
Back
Top