BBC HD from the horses mouth!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Funny I watch that tonight - Great program 'Click'

The part on HD was very informative.

Not sure if it was that program or the one before (web site has them all) about wireless interference from a 'wet dog' and microwaves....

Every time we use the microwave the wireless plays up. They're now admitting that it's subject to a lot more problems that the 'wonder' it was hailed to be.

Who remembers 'Tomorrow's World' spreading jam on the 'new' indestructible CD format disks? Just leave one in the sun for a few days or scratch it and see it still works!

easysat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S + motorised 80cm dish, Amstrad DRX550 Digibox + fixed dish
My Location
pj::
Quote from the BBC info on HDTV:
"The TV picture you normally watch is made up of pixels - 625 horizontal lines of small dots which make up the image."

The proof that the BBC is going to the dogs. Perhaps someone should explain to the idiot that wrote this that a 625 line system doesn't actually provide 625 lines of picture information.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
easysat said:
Quote from the BBC info on HDTV:
"The TV picture you normally watch is made up of pixels - 625 horizontal lines of small dots which make up the image."

The proof that the BBC is going to the dogs. Perhaps someone should explain to the idiot that wrote this that a 625 line system doesn't actually provide 625 lines of picture information.

Agreed! A small - but very revealing - mistake.

I notice the author is a "presenter", of IT news. Probably very knowledable about the latest Web stuff, but not an engineer.