Best video connection

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
silvercrest sl65-panasonic 26" lcd
My Location
cumbria
Hi Guys
And apologies for a dumb question,but
Could someone please advise the best way to connect my Dragon to a 26" Panasonic LCD TV.
I am presently connected from the SCART on the TD to SCART on TV (and this i believe accepts a direct RGB signal) but am confused by the Dragon outputs,currently selected output is RGB/CVBS on the Dragon.
I had read on an American forum that one guy was coming from the SCART on the DRagon with a SCART to 3 Phono plug cable using the composite video on the TV and the Dragon set to YUV/CVBS. I purchased a cable for this hook up but the picture is worse than the SCART to SCART set up.
I have also seen video converters that convert composite to RGB but as these are a bit pricey i would appreciate some advice before i purchase more gear that isn't going to help.
Many thanks in anticipation.
And apologies again for the dumb neewbie question.
Regards
Mekanik

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi Mechanik, welcome to the forum.

I have used a Profigold Scart/component interconnect cable to connect to my Sony Bravia LCD TV from the TD, and must agree that the picture quality is somewhat lacking - although the resolution is fine, colour contrast seems worse than with an RGB input.

Adjusting colour/ contrast/brightness/ on the TV helped somewhat, but after a while I decided to revert to RGB.

Llew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cumbria
Hi Llew
Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
I have to apologise once again, but what does RGB/CVBS actually mean, is it RGB or composite? and if it's composite would one of the converters i mentioned produce a better picture.
Thanks again.
Mekanik

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
It's outputting RGB and CVBS (composite). Depending on which input you have your TV set to, you can have one or the other.

So there's no need for any converter for composite input.

Llew

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cumbria
Thanks Llew
Will see if i can select RGB on the TV ther's nothing obvious just seems to give you a choice of two SCARTS and both appear to accept RGB but couldnt find anything in the menu,will have to try and find the manual,
Many thanks for your help.
Regards
Mekanik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cumbria
Morning Llew
Just to report found the TV manual and i had the SCART lead in the wrong socket on the TV(was using it for my Echolink) one of the SCART's is dedicated RGB, and i would say the picture is now as good as i can get it,will now invest in a decent SCART cable.
Many thanks for your kind assistance.
Regards
satdum

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glad you're OK now :) I often have to check which Scart is which on my (too many) STB's.

Llew