C band newbie

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25, stab hh120,, vu+solo, tm5402hd, amiko micro hd, sky + hd full sub inc setanta..
My Location
Essex Uk
Hi all,

Fancy having a go at seeing what this c-band thing is all about.

Currently I have a gibby 1.25 on a stab motor, first question am I able to mount the c-band lnb next to my ku lnb?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A

Archive-8

Hi all,

Fancy having a go at seeing what this c-band thing is all about.

Currently I have a gibby 1.25 on a stab motor, first question am I able to mount the c-band lnb next to my ku lnb?

Cheers

Yes very easily, this is mine,image.jpeg

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25, stab hh120,, vu+solo, tm5402hd, amiko micro hd, sky + hd full sub inc setanta..
My Location
Essex Uk
Thanks, this might be the first stupid question of many - does it track the arc ok like that?

A

Archive-8

Thanks, this might be the first stupid question of many - does it track the arc ok like that?

Yes tracking fine :D I track 49e to 55W (only in the winter, due to a tree in the way) on the C-band. The other lnb's are ka/ku band.

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex Uk
Yes tracking fine :D I track 49e to 55W (only in the winter, due to a tree in the way) on the C-band. The other lnb's are ka/ku band.
So I could keep my ku in the middle and put a c-band version to the left or right?

A

Archive-8

So I could keep my ku in the middle and put a c-band version to the left or right?

A lot of people have 2 cband lnb's 1 to the left of your ku, and 1 to the right.

That way you can have HV on 1 lnb and LR on the other lnb.

As you have to use a dielectric plate, for LR.

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex Uk
Ooohh I will have a play. Any recommendations for one? Also I'm guessing any bracket arrangement would be a custom job as they are not 40mm wide?

A

Archive-8

Ooohh I will have a play. Any recommendations for one? Also I'm guessing any bracket arrangement would be a custom job as they are not 40mm wide?

You can get them very easily on eBay. What are you asking for recommendation for? Lnb, bracket.

blackers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex Uk
You can get them very easily on eBay. What are you asking for recommendation for? Lnb, bracket.
Lnb really mate, guessing I'll have to make a rail up to mount them on.