CAM to take official card NDS Videoguard for VIASAT (Scandinavian and Baltic channel)

jmnil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
120cm Pointing to Viasat (Viasat LT card) |
Wavefrontier T90 with 7 LNB |
VU+ Duo with VTI 1.0 |
DM600 PVR with Gemini 4.6
My Location
Brussel
I have a legal Viasat carte (lithuanian package) that I use on the STB supplied by Viasat.
I want to use the card on my Topfield TF 5000 CI. For that I need a CAM that decrypt NDS Videoguard.
From what I read on foru

- What are the CAMs that allow the decryption of VIASAT. I read that the Dragon T-Rex is a good choice?
- Where to buy such CAM
- If the CAM programing is needed. How to do it? Do I need to buy more stuff to do it?

PS: If the price of the CAM + all stuff is too high I will considere the Dreambox alternative. I read that it exist e-cam that support NDS on dreambox. Can somebody confirm?

Thanks

Stejc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, Motorised Triax TD88, 45W to 39E. Digital+ HD subscription, TNTSAT HD Card.
My Location
Southport
A dreambox with CCCAM install works fine with NDS on a Sky UK card, assume it would be the same with Viasat. To update a CAM like the Dragon you need a programmer like the CAS3, it comes with everything needed to a Dragon cam and lots of other types like Diablo etc.

shadow28

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Malaysia
I am using Measat 3 91.5E and they are running NDS. I tried T-rex CAM v4.6 on predasaur firmware and I am unable to watch the channel (not sure why).

Using Dreambox on CCCam v2.09 I am able to watch the channel. However since Otc 15th 08, my satellite provider made some changes and I am unable to watch the channel on the dreambox. My point is that although the hardware cam (T-rex) or softcam (CCCam) support NDS, it doesn't mean it will be able to watch the channel by your satellite provider. Possibly some configuration is required to make it work .... I'm back to my original decoder (for now).

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...s/121982-measat3-91-5e-astro-running-nds.html

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRO Satellite Pay TV
My Location
Malaysia
Hey shadow28. any updates on using t-rex or dragon cam to receive astro? ive got a humax, and id really like to use it to receive astro, instead of the rubbosh nokia box provided by astro.

verywiseguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
My Location
Malaysia
BaronVonchesto said:
Hey shadow28. any updates on using t-rex or dragon cam to receive astro? ive got a humax, and id really like to use it to receive astro, instead of the rubbosh nokia box provided by astro.

Yeah I'm anxious to use an official Astro card on a 7020 again... ;)

~VWG
in KL

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
NDS does not use CAM. Any solution proposed (dreambox with CCCAM , etc) in unofficial, perhaps illegal.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ASTRO Satellite Pay TV
My Location
Malaysia
Hi I just got a dragon cam with predator 3.69 for my humax hdci-2000. Im trying to set it up for astro. i inserted my smartcard and i know that i need to set the cam to the serial number of my astro decoder. I assume its the option under settings called 'NDS box serial'

the problem is that it only gives an option for 10 digits whereas the astro box serial is a S followedby 13 digits eg S1234567890123

any idea what i can do? for some reason entering the last 10 digits of my astro box serial hangs my humax :S

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
tesla said:
NDS does not use CAM. Any solution proposed (dreambox with CCCAM , etc) in unofficial, perhaps illegal.

It can. In Sweden an NDS cam is available for Viasat, for example. It's horribly expensive, but...