Can't get two Euro tp's on Hispasat, why?

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
I'm located in Hampshire, England and can get all european transponders on the Hispasats that have a "normal" (or relatively "normal") symbol rate - the only 2 I can't get are: 11579 H and 11615 H

Anyone got any ideas why? I'm using a Lidl camping dish indoors (receiving great quality readings on all euro beams w/ normal SR) and it is hooked up to a Fortec Lifetime Diamond. The one thing I suspect is Intelsat 907! Why? 'Cos I'm picking up Channel 5 (Five) with that specific symbol rate when doing a scan of 30w! Oh and a Discovery Channel with a "\" before its name (have non idea where that's from!).

Also, while I'm here talking about symbol rates - is there a dummies guide to them? Why is it harder for me to pick up a transponder with a low one (such as a 4 digit one)?

Cheers

J

Jeff_19341

Those two transponders seem to have a "normal" SR of 27500 what do you term as normal then?

Might be the size of your dish and being indoors (my guess), those two transponders are the lowest that I receive here, most come in at 90+% quality on that bird but those two only 35% quality. 1m dish east anglia coast.

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
I meant to say I get all the euro transponders with "normal" SRs *except* those two. By "normal" I mean 22000, 27500, 30000 etc (although I do get ones around 11000 and the odd 3300ish or various sats).

From what you're saying (and my experience) these two seem to be different from the rest. It's not a biggie that I don't pick 'em up - there's not much of interest on either of them, I was more curious to know why (I figured the glass might be blocking certain frequencies or something!).