roaryyyj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Q6600 + 2gb RAM + 2tb HDD + 74gb Raptor
DM500-s with S*y subscription
My Location
UK
Hi there,
Ive got a skystar 2 pci card and am currently using it with DVB Dream to view the BBC channels.
Ive got a legitimate sky subscription and want to be able to put my sky card into the pc and watch the subscription channels with dvb dream.

I know I need a smart card reader for this (and a software cam) but I have no clue what one
People say "Phoenix reader" but I cant really find any called that?

Thank you

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
You would need a Dragon cam to do that, does your skystar not have a pcmcia slot for a cam? There are plenty of threads about this procedure if you search the forum for them

The 'phoenix' that you refer to is a card programmer

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Be aware there are a lot of rumours flying about that there will be a card swap in a few months time and the new cards will not allow emulators or cams to read them - so you may be stuck without pics!

sportsat

Reaction score
need a dynamite programmer mate ,or pheonix usb programmer ,these read and wirte to cards and go in to pheonix mode as these need this mode for secondery software can work , as i am running 3 programmers at the same time to read cards like nova card and the digitalb card and sexview for card sharing .

thanks

keith