Cardsharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_t46

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a tm500 super and it has been set up for cardsharing.This works with my internet providers Thomson modem/router,but i have connected a Linksys E2000 router to it with dd-drt firmware.The tm 5oo is connected to the internet but its not opening any channels,is there anything i have to do in the connctions settings of the tm 500.When i disonnect the LInksys router And just have the modem/router it works.
Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its been set up by who?? Is your share line a paid for one?

If so get your supplier to sort it out.

chris_t46

Reaction score
What i want to kow is what do i put in the connections settings of the tm 500 (ip address etc).
Is the ip address and static ip address put in from the card sharer?.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If it's a Commercial Cardshare, we are unable to assist you with your query.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Thankyou for that.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No-one is going to give you explicit instructions - if for no other reason they would lay themselves open to prosecution AND getting the forum closed down by the pay tv companies.

However all the info you need can be found on the forum in various locations - so get reading.

If its not a commercial card share the line must have come from soemwhere so I'll give you this advice:

1) get help from the person who supplied you - and if you are sharing a card from your box B how sharing works - unscrupulous operators often share your cards out into the blue yonder, leaving your card open to cancellation at any time.

2) if its one of the lines from free sites you are wasting your time - they are so overloaded they never work.

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
MY god your all so critical get a grip!!!!, he is asking for help to set up his router so his box can connect through it.

You shouldn't need to set up anything the tm, but you will need to set the router up for either dhcp, or a static ip, also you will have to forward a port on your new router. If you connect to your old router's home page, you will be able to see the setting's you have, take a note of them, then do the same with the new router.

goose68

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800hd, 1.0m motorised dish. AMD Phenom 11x4 965, radeon4890, 2 x 1TB, 1 x750GB.
My Location
Northish Scotland
And i can't for the life of me see how you can possibly be prosecueted for helping some one set up an internet connection.:confused very bizarre.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Look most folks want to get free or cheap Sky UK TV. We are a UK forum and taking on the very very expensive lawyers that Sky can employ is a REALLY bad idea. No-one on the forum can possibly afford the sort of expensive legal advice that Sky can find from their petty cash so we dont want to take any risks.

If Sky dont like something they wont mess around, their lawyers will just get onto our server hosts with an injunction and get the forum taken down - result Chris the forum owner loses his business.

There have already been prosecutions in Europe against folks paying for card shares.

Anyone who wants to use our forum obeys our rules, and if a member of staff says its not open for discussion then so be it.

No further discussion will be entered into - so thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.