CAS 3 problem

olegkos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5510
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Need help. Just got a new CAS 3 programmer, installed latest Studio 7.0 and tried to programm T-Rex CAM. After running Studio for the first tilme I've got message "USB write communication problem C0000005 HC status: device not responding61". Tried older Dragon CAM - same thing. CAS 3 does not detect any CAMs or smartcards. Just to make sure installed Studio on laptop and tried CAS 3 again. Result the same - e.g. no results at all.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it hardware problem? Faulty programmer? I've sent 2 emails to Duolabs, but they don't bother to reply.:-doh!

Appreciate any help.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The Dragon / T-rex cams are best programmed using the loader card that comes with them.

olegkos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5510
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Yeah, I have it too, but I cannot programm anything! Programmer doesn't detect CAMs, nor loaders, nor any smartcard I've tried...

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
North of the Tejo & South of the Thames
Olegkos,

To program the T-Rex with the CAS3 interface you need to:

-Insert the dummy card that came with the CAS3 into the T-Rex.
-Then connect the dummy card ribbon cable to the side of the CAS3.
-Followed by inserting the T-Rex into the CAS3.
-Then load the software.

Until you to do this you will continue to get the usb communication error. I say this from experience...:rolleyes:

Regards,
Jagost02

rmhms

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
KBox
My Location
Portugal
Try another usb port. I had a similar problem connecting the cas3 to a pcmcia usb card, and connecting directly to another usb port solved it.

olegkos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5510
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Sorry for late reply, I've been on vacation. So, I've got 6 USB ports on my PC, and CAS3 doesn't work on any of them. I've tried it on my office PC. Same results. I've bring it with me to US on my vacation and tried on my home computer there. Same thing. Enough is enough, I've sent CAS3 back to UK vendor. On my way back to Saudi Arabia I've got yet another CAS3 in Munich. And it doens't work either! Programmer doesn't see any smart cards, or CAMs with dummy cards or not. What the hell is going on?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi olegkos,
are you installing all the drivers? Including the MS-DOS drivers?
If you go into your unzipped folder and look for CIS77, the latest drivers, available from duolabs website.
In the CIS77 folder you will locate a Drivers folder, open this and double click on Install MS-DOS batch file, and run.
Now try your CAS 3.
Please post back with the results.
Best wishes
Mickha