Christmas Millionaire?

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
If you are interested in totally useless information the official UK Lotto company now offers an on-line gambling service.

If you haven't fallen asleep already - I noted on their website that only 96,000 people won a prize in the 'Chrimbo Millionaire' game - none of whom became an xmastastic millionaire.

Great scam? No interest? Stupid odds (guess and match five years between 1000BC and 2500AD).

UK Lotto Chrimbo Results

Have Fun,

Mark.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Used to do it (The Lottery) every week without fail, but like most things, if you achieve no signs of success after a few years, you start to appreciate the futility of the game. I now do the lottery only occasionally.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
When the lottery frst started up I read the articles that said you are more likely to be struck by lightning of die in a plane crash than win the lottery. The odds are really stacked against you. As a result I have NEVER bought a lottery ticket and never will.

If I ever felt the urge to buy a lottery ticket then I would have slightly greater odds of getting my money back by flinging it out of the window and then trying to find it 10 hours later.

It's a mug's game. Don't touch it.

PaulR

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Looking at the number of tickets bought and the £10 wins over the past two years, Im actually breaking even, but I will admit that I have not covered the expenses of travelling to the shop to part over with the cash

@PaulR, when you next throw money out the window, let me know a couple of minutes beforehand, Im feeling lucky.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Apparently ('ture story', so I’m told, so probably isn't :rolleyes: ) someone went into a big chain gambling shop in the US and asked what odds he would get for Elvis landing on the empire state building in a spaceship, he was given 40million to 1, about the same as winning the jackpot here.

Doesn’t make the lottery seem that bad at all.

But then again I have worked in a shop that sells tickets, when people came in with a big bundles of ones to check, regularly £50 worth, and I scanned each one and each one was ‘not a winner’ it made it seem like a such a waste of money.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Channel Hopper said:
@PaulR, when you next throw money out the window, let me know a couple of minutes beforehand, Im feeling lucky.
Just like me buying a lottery ticket -
has never happened yet and never will!

PaulR