clueless newbie needs help with setanta

madeirabhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M Satellite dish
boston receiver
My Location
madeira
Ive finally got a satellite in madeira. All i know is that i have a 1.8m dish on our apartment roof, which i cant even get to to look at anything. And i have a small 'Boston' receiver which i cant see any slots for cards or anything.

It was fitted by a local company who offered help with getting sky but im not interested in that so just took FTA channels. They didnt know anything about Setanta and didnt think it could be reached here. However i know someone else who has a similar setup, but with sky and they get setanta okay. On my box it shows as a scrambled channel but the signal strength is about 80%+ which is the same as all the channels we have.

How can i get setanta? Do i need a new receiver which can take a card? I could easily get it registered to my dads if need be.

thanks for any advice.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
You will need a sky digibox and a subscription card

madeirabhoy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8M Satellite dish
boston receiver
My Location
madeira
i dont want to pay for sky if i dont have to, just setanta.

I spoke to a guy from a satellite company in uk who told me, not sure if its right though...

that i would not only need a uk address to get the card registered to and sent to, but that the card would need to be activated whilst in uk and in a receiver connected to satellite but not in one thats activated for sky.

How would they know it was in uk and not abroad?