hedge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Soon heading for the nearest skip.
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
Morning folks

I hope I am in the right slot?

Just did a network rescan of Astra 1& lost wife's favourite cookery prog - TV Gusto:-rofl2

err, no, I think that maybe the wrong emoticon........but she wont know about this sacred site:D

But I would like to get it back. Have tried another scan, but still the same.
Now with this blessed & buggy cheapo receiver I cannot seem to do a manual tp search? - I input the settings 'video 3071- audio3072 - pcr 3071-- (I dont know what 'txt' is!) & all I can now press is 'OK'; but the darned thing goes back a step like I was pressing the 'exit' button!!'O'-red................I press OK again & it will do a total search of that tp again-----& no TV Gusto of course'O'-red'O'-red

Hope this makes sense? -- So i go to 'edit channels' & 'modify' the settings of a channel on the same tp - 12460H ----- & great, it works.........for a few mins, then reverts to the previous shown settings (how dare it wipe out mine!)& thus loses TV Gusto'O'-red'O'-red'O'-red ---- It did this 3 times, then I poured a whisky & switched to BBC radio3 to calm down

Now i have used this latter method to successfully update the said BBC radio 3 (& others) settings which I previously blamed the lack of on my (small for Astra2 in Portugal) dish, instead of very out-of-date settings (well i didnt realise they were changed like supermarket prduct positions did I------ FHS-Why do they do it????). -----

So:- Is it duff software? - My ignorance of PCR & TTX (Is this the same as 'txp' on Kingof Sat?)? -- Or?????

Can anything be done? (preferably not to me --- yet)

Shall I buy a decent receiver with software that works properly? (& pref 12 volt - no chance, i think?)

Sorry to rabbit on, but it is exasperating..............

Muito obrigado senors:-worship

Hedge

PS My usual, 'only online twice a week' caveat, so apologies for slow response when you get equally exasperated with me

hedge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
You lucky lot------no one else has experienced the 'joys' of a Comag Portys software?
Oh well..............................

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I thought there were a few members with the Porta Potty, but they obviously haven't read this thread. :)

Did check out Gusto TV though and it seems to be fine at the moment, perhaps you need to free up some memory space.

hedge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
Hi Rolf

Thxs for the brave response, I think I should have put a health warning on my first post?:)

Yes TV Gusto is fine, I know...but the Porty will not find it, or hold onto it for long when I change the settings as I (unclearly) described.

BTW:- Has anyone ever had a response from the Comag website?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
How many channels do you have saved in memory?

I ask this, because I had similar problems with a Hyundai receiver and a factory reset fixed it, as it cleared the memory, which had become cluttered with deleted and non-active channels.

hedge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
Thxs again Rolf.

I have tried deleting a few transponders, & now if I am on any menu page TV Gusto stays, but within 10 secs of removing the menu Gusto leaves & the previous channel returns :-doh!..................at least it's consistent:D

I think I will try what you suggest.............I have hesistated as I don't trust the software in the machine, + I live with a Scot & she asks each time:- 'will this lose everything?'....................................................