Advice Needed Communal feed - receive some channels only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

8ighTK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
communal feed
My Location
UK

You said the issue was 'resolved', so who resolved it ?
Well, the issue sorted itself out.

Maybe it was the TV's tuner, or maybe it was coincidental that something external was worked on.

I was just happy channels reappeared after a few re-scans.

8ighTK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
communal feed
My Location
UK
Which Sky box do you have? Upload some photos showing the signal meters for some channels that work and those that don't.

Regarding the television, presumably it doesn't automatically update the channel list? There's been quite a bit of shuffling of channels and transponder parameters in recent times - you may have manually edit transponders & rescan in order for the channels to show up.
I'm sure it's just the standard Sky+ HD box.

Correct re. TV not automatically updating, hence re-scans need to be done manually, but the Sky box has always picked up new channels etc.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Well, the issue sorted itself out.

Maybe it was the TV's tuner, or maybe it was coincidental that something external was worked on.

I was just happy channels reappeared after a few re-scans.
You suspected the TV S2 tuner was at fault, yet here we are with similar issues three years later.

Have you verified with satellite viewing neighbours as suggested on the previous page ?

8ighTK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
communal feed
My Location
UK
You suspected the TV S2 tuner was at fault, yet here we are with similar issues three years later.

Have you verified with satellite viewing neighbours as suggested on the previous page ?
Indeed, I suspected possible weak tuner on the TV upstairs a few years ago, hence enquired into whether some sort of booster device would improve things, but it sorted itself out - maybe coincidental with improved signal quality from external factors.

On this occasion, there are missing channels on both sat receivers, thus I'm enquiring into whether it's possible for potentially damaged faceplates to only receive some channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.