Connecting Manhattan SX Freesat box to existing sky+ dish.

boscawen46

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat
My Location
Dorset
Hi,.
I have a new Manhattan SX Freesat box that I want to connect to an existing sky+ dish. A couple of questions please.
1.)Do I have to change the existing sky + LNB to a universal one to receive Freesat?
2.) The new universal LNB I have( in case I have to change over ) only has one connector on it but there are two going into the existing sky one. Also the Freesat box only likewise has one connector on it. Do I just connect one of the cables to the new LNB and then in turn connect same cable to the Freesat box and if so can it be either of the cables?
Why does the sky setup have two cables, is one for streaming and one for recording ?
Ps The Freesat box has no record function
Thanks in advance

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
1) No if it is from a previous Sky+ installation, yes if it was Sky Q (unless using a Freesat 4K receiver). Sky+ uses a universal LNB.

2) Yes and either cable is fine.

3) Sky+ has two tuners so two programmes can be simultaneously recorded, or record one while watching another. With only one cable connected to a Sky+ box you could only record the channel you were currently watching.