Couldn't resist a new dish

What's the score with these please, do you have a circular one side and a liner the other ? also do you have to move them in line from the ku position, it's all new to me but I need to start learning quickly lol.
 
At the moment I only have a circular one as that's what most satellites broadcast in over Europe. Even with the plate in, reduces signal by about 2-3dB, I am managing to get a lock on 3E, 37.5W and 43W, which are linear. So I want a linear on the other side without the plate in.

As the LNBs are offset from the centre, you have to treat them as such. So, with my C LNB to the right of the Ku one I need my dish pointing at around 35-36W to get signal from 40W. The linear LNB from the other side will obviously need the dish pointing at around 44-45W to get 40W.

Already have the LNB but need a 4 port DiSEqC switch and a conical feed for offset dishes.
 
Alright ... it's more or less finished. Tried to fine tune it just now but it's very difficult with the changing clouds and a fickle Astra 4A transponder. Should be sunny later so will try and fine tune it slightly later, though I doubt I will gain much more. I am off about 0.3dB over what I had yesterday in fine weather on the same transponder. Also, when I put the C band LNB on the bracket, the LNB arm leans down very slightly, throwing the alignment off...

The dish seems to be straighter than ever as there are no gaps at all between the strings. Perhaps it straightened itself out even more once it was up?

View attachment 63233

Very happy with my declination adjustment mechanism. It all feels very solid and the small jack has no problems driving the dish.

View attachment 63235

Anyway, here are the final pictures.... the only thing that is likely to change is the addition of a linear C band LNB on the other side.

View attachment 63236 View attachment 63234


nice job -- :)
the Gibertini is much more user friendly than the channel master - when it comes to adding the C band l.n.b ,s alongside the K/u :)

regards ----
 
nice job -- :)
the Gibertini is much more user friendly than the channel master - when it comes to adding the C band l.n.b ,s alongside the K/u :)

regards ----

Yeah, it's probably easier to stack them up vertically rather than side by side on the CM... Even the addition of the multi-LNB bracket changed the Ku LNB's focal point and I still cannot get it 100%... and it must be even more critical on the 1.8m..
 
hi
i was lucky my k/u wasn,t affected by adding C band to the 1.8 - as i,m still using the original c.m. holder -- just had to arrange the side arms much lower to get them out of the way of the C band feedhorns --
but something i did find on the 1.8 regarding both the C band l.n.b.,s - is that they perform better if they are tilted back a few degrees more than the k/u lnb --- (pointing higher up the dish) why this should, be i cant explain as it seems wrong --
but i can,t argue with the results -- it made quite a difference for very weak signals on the channel master 1.8 -- it could be worth a try on the gibertini also
regards --
 
I received my switch... Apparently, it's HD Ready! Lucky me....

nyga9yby.jpg
 
...not 3D as well?....I'd send it back....
 
It's on.... Works well and with no loss to signal quality.

I put the linear C band LNB (the old Chinese one) on the other side but with a prime focus feedhorn (conical one is in the post). Strange thing is that I am getting a stronger signal on linear satellites with my PLL LNB with the depolariser plate in than I do with the Chinese one (or whatever it is) without the plate in.

For example, on 3E linear, I am getting 8.8dB on 3764H with the linear LNB and over 10dB with the PLL one. Can a feedhorn really have that much effect on the signal? I don't even see 37.5W with the linear... but getting a lock with the PLL one. Very weird... gotta wait to the proper feedhorn...
 
I suppose the prime focus feedhorn will be looking for a round dish so you'll be missing bits or seeing behind the dish?
 
Back
Top