wrebbecca

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hopefully Freesat (HUMAX PVR-9300T 320GB
My Location
London, UK
Hi guys

My first post here.

I may have a strange question to ask. Being Profoundly Deaf, I require my recorded programs to be subtitled. Do you know if these systems are capable of recording with subtitles? If you have the exact system mentioned above, could you kindly try it out on your system? I hate to ask, but it would be too much hassle for me to buy the system, set it up, find out it doesnt record subtitles, and then return it!

In fact, I would like subtitles on two channels and recording (please test all methods possible).

Thanks. And a very Happy new year to you all.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum wrebbecca

Well I can only assume you are referring to the Humax PVR9300-T which is a terrestrial freeview PVR, you have made this post in the freesat section so I will move the post to the correct section

In answer to your question all I can tell you is what is the information given out by Humax, any more detail required you would have to contact them direct

• New Playback DTR in black with accurate recording
  • 320Gb DTR (Digital Television Recorder)
  • HD Upscaling with HDMI
  • Twin Digital Tuner, can record 2 channels whilst viewing a third (from the same multiplex see _http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/faq.asp#rc)
  • Pause live TV and rewind live TV
  • One touch recording from 8 day programme guide
  • Tape-less record and playback (Max 200 hrs on 320GB hard drive)
  • Dolby 5.1 optical output
  • Common interface slot for Pay TV (requires separate CAM (not supplied))
  • Automatic software update, to ensure the latest digital features are available
  • Records subtitles with the ability to view or hide them during playback
  • Auto-padding ensures you never miss the beginning and end of a programme
  • Chase play enables you to watch a programme from the beginning whilst still recording the end
  • Two year on-site replacement warranty
  • NOTE: This unit only records Freeview, not SKY or cable

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
wrebbecca said:
Hi guys

My first post here.

I may have a strange question to ask. Being Profoundly Deaf, I require my recorded programs to be subtitled. Do you know if these systems are capable of recording with subtitles? If you have the exact system mentioned above, could you kindly try it out on your system? I hate to ask, but it would be too much hassle for me to buy the system, set it up, find out it doesnt record subtitles, and then return it!

In fact, I would like subtitles on two channels and recording (please test all methods possible).

Thanks. And a very Happy new year to you all.

First of all, you should check if the transmitted channels transmit subtitles and which languages. English, French, etc. and then worry about the receiver. If you already know that they do, then I see no reason why the receiver can't record subtitles (soft or hard).
My satellite digital receiver can record subtitles to a DVD recorder.
Haven't tried it with a video recorder lately, but I remember that few years ago, the VCR didn't record a soft sub.
But if you are thinking of using the pvr, then you should check which format it will record. Usually *.ts format includes all the subtitle channels if they are sent over the teletext.
The Dreambox receivers record *.ts format.
You might have a better choice of channels which transmit subtitles if you setup a satellite system and point dish to Astra 28.2E.
I am sure that many people can help you with this.
A very happy new year to you as well. :)