My Satellite Setup
DM 7020s
Motorised 1m dish
Megasat 0.1dB Twin LNB
Diablo Cam Light 2.3
My Location
Hampshire, UK
Hi all,

My Diablo CAM causes the picture from my 7020-Si to stutter (every 2-10 secs or so, even on FTA channels). If I remove the CAM then the stutter goes. If I record onto Dreambox's hard drive then the stuttering (although present whilst watching “live”) does not occur when the recording is played back.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or got any idea how to cure this?

I’ve tried formatting the CAM and loading different versions of the (Underworld) software to no effect.

Thanks in advance.

Dreambox 7020-si
Diablo Lite Cam 2.3 with Underworld 1.42
CAS 3+
1m motorized dish
Megasat 0.1dB Twin LNB

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
sadly its a dreambox7020 hardware failure simply no cam would work properly,this problem is well known but DM just ignored it ..sorry to bring you this bad news..regards

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
niceguyeddie said:
Hi all,

My Diablo CAM causes the picture from my 7020-Si to stutter (every 2-10 secs or so, even on FTA channels). If I remove the CAM then the stutter goes. If I record onto Dreambox's hard drive then the stuttering (although present whilst watching “live”) does not occur when the recording is played back.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or got any idea how to cure this?

I’ve tried formatting the CAM and loading different versions of the (Underworld) software to no effect.

Thanks in advance.

Dreambox 7020-si
Diablo Lite Cam 2.3 with Underworld 1.42
CAS 3+
1m motorized dish
Megasat 0.1dB Twin LNB

I believe this would happen only and exclusively when a LAN cable is connected to the DM. If you have a LAN cable connected, try and disconnect it. It should not freeze anymore.

niceguyeddie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7020s
Motorised 1m dish
Megasat 0.1dB Twin LNB
Diablo Cam Light 2.3
My Location
Hampshire, UK
DeepDiver said:
I believe this would happen only and exclusively when a LAN cable is connected to the DM. If you have a LAN cable connected, try and disconnect it. It should not freeze anymore.

I gave this a go but it didn't work. Thanks anyway. Perhaps pipino is right. I've just read something similar on the German IHAD forum - though my German isn't up to much it appears someone has a similar problem and was told its a DM7020 CI problem:

"Die 7020 hat arge Probleme mit CI Modulen,deshalb kannst du dich freuen,das in der einen wenigstens dein Modul läuft. Ausser AC und Giga green gehen keine Module in der 7020 ohne Störungen."

:eek:

dj999

Reaction score
i know its a late reply, but i've not had a problem using my diablo in my dreambox 7020.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You are correct, it is late (in more than one sense of the word), but welcome to the forum