Digilogic DSTB1000 upgrade with jtag

condor2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digilogic dstb1000
My Location
Italia
It's possible upgrade decoder with Jtag?
My version firmware is V.1.7
There is a newer version?
Thank you

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum condor2

As you have posted in the terrestrial TV section you obviously know that this stb is a freeview box for digital terrestrial tv reception, therefore why would you want to jtag it? and what would you want to jtag it with? Most Freeview stb's update OTA via terrestrial signals automatically.

condor2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digilogic dstb1000
My Location
Italia
Topper said:
Welcome to the forum condor2

As you have posted in the terrestrial TV section you obviously know that this stb is a freeview box for digital terrestrial tv reception, therefore why would you want to jtag it? and what would you want to jtag it with? Most Freeview stb's update OTA via terrestrial signals automatically.

-------
You're right, but I live in Italy and the update fails.
There is a firmware setting in the Italian language?
I want to use the Jtag to read the firmware and groped a translation from English to Italian.
Thanks and I apologize for my poor English.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I cannot say I have heard of anyone doing that, nor can I see the point unless you have a similar system in Italy to the UK TUTV and you are hoping to compromise that in Italy.
Obviously firmware must be initially installed by the manufacturer at some point during the production cycle but I suspect only a manufacturers circuit diagram would give you those secrets

condor2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
digilogic dstb1000
My Location
Italia
Topper said:
I cannot say I have heard of anyone doing that, nor can I see the point unless you have a similar system in Italy to the UK TUTV and you are hoping to compromise that in Italy.
Obviously firmware must be initially installed by the manufacturer at some point during the production cycle but I suspect only a manufacturers circuit diagram would give you those secrets
--------------------------
I managed to read the flash with jtag.
In hex I can not get anything, maybe it's packed with ZLIB, in fact within the file, the end appears Inflate V. 1.1.4.
How do I proceed to analyze the read flash?
There is somebody who's good with firmware?
Thanks to all