DM 7025 Doesn't start ???

khaledxp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025
My Location
Tunisia
I was manipulating the zapping history botton when a message anounced a that the DM encountered a softwear problem and had to restart . ( the same problem happened many times the DM managed to restart). This time the image of Enigma 2 loads on but after some seconds a bleue screen appears, then the Enegma image and a red screen. I have seen many lovely coloared screen but Enigma 2 was not loaded. = My DM doesn't work. What;s the matter ??????

bob-1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 7025+s-t
Raven gemini 70 ,13e,19e,28e
85cm Transparent dish Moteck SG2100 and inverto black ultra lnb.
My Location
UK,Sheffield
I would reflash with another image ,i had a similar thing when i loaded a skin on the image didn't like ,the box just kept going round and round starting up and shutting down.

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
3 laptops, 1 desktop, Win XP and soon '7', OSX on one laptop
My Location
London UK
Hi
It seems that almost everyone has encountered the (now apparent to me) 7025's fatal flaw, the bootloader, its failure can be triggered by almost anything.
My machine had a similar episode to this and I am uncertain whether it was an image that caused the problem or just the fragility of the startup of the 7025.

If this has the same problem as my machine had, switch off, hold down the "down" button down and switch on.
Hold down this button until you get the ip address for the box, connect up your computer via a Lan cable (not crossed) to a hub or a broadband modem and type in via motzilla firefox browser this address after making sure your computer has its lan properties set to dhcp.
You should now see the bootloader screen on the computer, at which time you can install a new (NFI) image preferrably test with the original image from Dream as this fits on the internal flash rom - once you know it works then you can now do the hard wor and restoring the original image.
I will point out here, that you do not need to be connected to a TV or satellite cable to do this, these are only needed only later.

If you still have a problem then you most probably need a new power supply board.

Have fun

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
3 laptops, 1 desktop, Win XP and soon '7', OSX on one laptop
My Location
London UK
Hi
It seems that almost everyone has encountered the (now apparent to me) 7025's fatal flaw, the bootloader, its failure can be triggered by almost anything.
My machine had a similar episode to this and I am uncertain whether it was an image that caused the problem or just the fragility of the startup of the 7025.

If this has the same problem as my machine had, switch off, hold down the "down" button down and switch on.
Hold down this button until you get the ip address for the box, connect up your computer via a Lan cable (not crossed) to a hub or a broadband modem and type in via motzilla firefox browser this address after making sure your computer has its lan properties set to dhcp.
You should now see the bootloader screen on the computer, at which time you can install a new (NFI) image preferrably test with the original image from Dream as this fits on the internal flash rom - once you know it works then you can now do the hard wor and restoring the original image.
I will point out here, that you do not need to be connected to a TV or satellite cable to do this, these are only needed only later.

If you still have a problem then you most probably need a new power supply board.

Have fun