DM600 Crash or Power? Help

snake007uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD --> Gigabit Network, 20Mb ADSL2 line
My Location
london
Hi,

I have two dm600's and both of them are having some weird issues. I have installed the Pli-Image (Current latest release).

Everything seems to be working fine then suddenly the box switches off, or sometimes the screen goes blank and the box is unresponsive but the green light is on?

I re flash the boxed and am still getting issues? I have a DM800 which has been running fine without any issues whatsoever.

Any ideas to help me narrow down what the problem could be?

Thanks

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
Generally when my DM600 crashes, either Enigma just resets itself, or I get a green-screen of death with crash logs shown. When they crash, can you still connect via telnet? If so, you could try typing dmesg at the command prompt and seeing if there are any clues, or browsing the logs in /var/logs/ (using cat). Are both boxes running the same Pli-image? Might be worth trying a newer/older build on one of them, see if that resolves the problem.