do I need a male or female f-plug to coax?

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Finally (!) going to sort out my terrestrial analogue tv picture.

I hope to use sat cable (as I have some to hand), but I know f-plugs won't go into the coax socket at the back of the tv.

I think the coax socket on the back of the tv is female, so should I get some "coax male to f-plug male" converter sockets,

or could I use "coax male to f-plug female"? (And would this mean I didn't need to use f-plugs as well to hook that end of the cable up?)

Thank-you in advance for any advice offered.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
JonnytheKid said:
Finally (!) going to sort out my terrestrial analogue tv picture.

I hope to use sat cable (as I have some to hand), but I know f-plugs won't go into the coax socket at the back of the tv.

I think the coax socket on the back of the tv is female, so should I get some "coax male to f-plug male" converter sockets,

or could I use "coax male to f-plug female"? (And would this mean I didn't need to use f-plugs as well to hook that end of the cable up?)

Thank-you in advance for any advice offered.

You need TV male coax connector.
You can cut the F-Connector and replace it with a TV male coax, instead of buying an adapter. Should be a cheaper solution.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yep, I've used satellite cable at home for terrestrial feeds as I had loads spare. The Belling-Lee type aerial plugs and sockets fit fine onto satellite cable.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
I agree with others, I also use Webro WF100 cable for satellite and terrestrial tv down leads. Belling lee connectors fit AOK onto double screened 75 ohm satellite co-ax cable. Still have about a third of a reel left after a number of installations.
Parky

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Thank-you all for your wise and helpful advice.

Goldjag

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
Humax Freesat HD
My Location
merseyside
Newboy taking the plunge on post.

I also have used Sat wf100 for terrestial feed but I now
need to use the wf65 shotgun twin to extend my system
through ducting.

Has anybody used this for main TV coax feed cable without
signal loss??

Goldjag

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
ok for uhf (470 -850Mhz) although don't over do the length - upto 30mts will be ok. Use a ct63/wf65 f plug to IEC.

aba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
chaparral montery 40 fully loaded
ehcostar ad3600ipvia
3 dishes zone 2 / 1 mt motorized / 2.3 m motorized
My Location
nottingham
try this F`to Co-ax Plug Coupler

h**p://www.grax.co.uk/P/ConnectorsFto-Co-ax-Plug-Coupler(610).aspx

fit f plug on to end of coax then screew on one of these will plug straight in to aerial socket on tv

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I use the "F" to coax adapters for most of my installations, quicker to put on and better quality.

Have used the WF65 shotgun cable for lots of TV feeds, loss is negligibly higher than WF100 for UHF frequencies as long as the run isn't a very long length.