Dragon load card programmer advice

Flipit

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got myself a Dragon/Trex and loader card which came with a previous version of predator firmware.

I know I need a card programmer, but I'm lost for which one... can anyone give me some recomendation? UK suppliers also.. I was only really going to use it to update the Dragon/Trex loader card with predator, but am I missing out on the fun/tit cards etc.. what are they for ?

Thanks

Flipit

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I wouldn't bother with funcards etc. If you have a Dragon cam. Just get yourself a Phoenix USB programmer, or better still a CAS3 Interface proggie.

Do a search for either, you should find a suitable UK supplier.

Llew

Flipit

Reaction score
Thanks

What does a CAS3 offer over the Phoenix USB... did a quick google and it looks like there are about 5 differnt phoniex USBs :confused

Flipit

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
The Phoenix Infinity USB is just the generic name for a style of smartcard programmer, no doubt made by various manufacturers.

The CAS series of programmers can also program CAMs amongst other things. Check out the maker's website _www.duolabs.com.

Llew

jagost02

Single
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yamaha YZF-R1
My Location
North of the Tejo & South of the Thames
I'm with Llew on this one. The CAS3 is the Ferrari of programmers. It does just about everything programmers do.

As a matter of fact it also operates in Phoenix mode. The software, you can freely download from Duolabs will give you an idea of the various cards/cams etc... it can program. It also has a way of flashing the roms on receivers to repair them if need be. Duolabs also are pretty good since they continue to add support to the software through regular updates. It was alittle pricey but in my case I find it well worth the investment.

Regards,
Jagost02

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
jagost02 said:
I'm with Llew on this one. The CAS3 is the Ferrari of programmers. It does just about everything programmers do.

As a matter of fact it also operates in Phoenix mode. The software, you can freely download from Duolabs will give you an idea of the various cards/cams etc... it can program. It also has a way of flashing the roms on receivers to repair them if need be. Duolabs also are pretty good since they continue to add support to the software through regular updates. It was alittle pricey but in my case I find it well worth the investment.

Regards,
Jagost02

If your going to buy a programmer & you have a T-Rex CAM, the CAS 3 is way to go! There web site(duolabs.com), can give more details.

On this site you can get more info on CAM's & smartcards and basic info on how to guides: _w*w.duwgati.com/uk/index.htm

rhubarbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM600PVR (Poorly)
TF6000 (Poorly)
SkyHD
My Location
Cheshire
I bought a Dragon cam which came with a Prussian Galaxy (Fun7). I also bought myself a Phoenix USB programmer, which was a complete nightmare to use with the Fun7, so I gave up and bought a CAS3 Interface. Never looked back: CAS3 is a piece of .....