divibi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb-s pci card
85 cm offset dish
My Location
London
Hello,

I read that if you live on the south coast you can watch French freeview broadcast from Cherbourg, France. So, now I've got a question for you about a preposterous idea. If someone lives on a hill in Kent and has got the best digital terrestrial aerial in the world, could they receive "freeviews" from the countries across the English Channel (France, Belgium, Holland)?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I suspect the answer will be no since there are too many unanswered questions, for example if there are local UK transmitters in range they may very well swamp any possible reception. Secondly digital transmission thresholds are designed to limit reception outside the designated area and whereas with analogue, local conditions of weather etc could influence reception, digital is either there or not there.

However for the members living in that part of the world often the proof of the pudding is in the eating, go on prove me wrong. :cool:

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
It might be possible if, as the rad am lads say, there is a lift on. Usually occurs in fine weather in summer with high barometric pressure.
Parky