Emley Moor's beaming Channel 4 through!!!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Dunno if it's the transmitter, or the cold weather, but, I can receive Channel 4 in a fairly watchable state all the way from what I guess is Emley Moor, as it's the nearest analogue transmitter to here, so, I'm pretty pleased... :D

First time I've watched Analogue terrestrial TV since they shut off Analogue signal in 2009, in favour of the On-Off dodgytal rubbish we have today... :p

grabbed a few pictures of it too... :)

Attachments

• Pict0031.jpg
    Pict0031.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Pict0032.jpg
    Pict0032.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Pict0033.jpg
    Pict0033.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 37
  • Pict0034.jpg
    Pict0034.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 35

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Just about watchable, nice result.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
satelliteman said:
Just about watchable, nice result.

Yep, but the best bit is that I only used a cheapie pound shop set top aerial to pick it up, so, I have to admit that I'm impressed that something that only cost me a quid worked so great... :D

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I can do a seven...

HEAPING

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It'll be Sporadic E with the high pressure we are under atm.

When I was a teenager down near Stafford I could get Anglia from Sandy Heath almost every time the pressure went up. (On a very battered aerial 10 element I was given which was hung out of the bedroom window using washing line :D)

I managed Granada from Winter Hill once, but the best reception was one unforgettable evening when I got Dutch TV :-worship

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Just looking at that 2nd picture, that fella (I don't know his name, haven't watched countdown on a loooooooong time!!) looks a lot like Reg Varney (of On the Buses fame, incase some don't know who he is!!), very weird.... :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sadly cant try any tv-dxing these days - we live in a valley with hills on 3 sides :( The only remote tx'ers I might have a chance with are the ones around Newcastle.

However our tv aerial was removed when the analogue was switched off (it basically fell off the wall after a heavy snowfall......

Due to tree growth the only place I can get LOS onto the Selkirk tx is at the bottom of the garden and the cable losses are horrendous. Much easier just to go down the satellite route. :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I am almost tempted to put up an aerial to watch analogue TV from Emley moor, but I'm not brave enough to go up onto the roof of this house, it's barely holding up under it's own weight, never mind my own!!! :-rofl2

Could go with the attic route, but, my girth is the limiting factor (as in, limits me from actually getting through the hatch, which is impossibly tiny anyway!!!)... :p

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
I dont have a meter for dvb-t but it must be putting out a strong signal as here I just use a cheapy aerial on the roof for emley moor. I do have a high gain aerial on the roof too when I got on digital back in the day had it fitted to make sure I got a signal on all channels at the time which didn't last long due to them cards lol