Epg help needed

jeff golding

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion + and Dell vostro 1500 laptop
My Location
UK Essex
Hi, this my first question to the forum, I have just bought a passion + reciever, my first satelite system, so I am a novice.
I have put the latest loader on and also the latest firmware.
All this seems to be successful, I have BBC HD and ITV HD (when they broadcast)
I am really pleased with the unit with the exception of the EPG system, it sems all but useless.
Only a few channels sem to have any info and then only or the next hour or two.
I have tried the seven day EPG button but no info shows.
I have followed suggestions on the forum, left the EPG on but it does not populate.
Any ideas out therewhat I m doing wrong or not doing ??
thanks Jeff

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Do a factory reset and choose 'UK Channels'. This works for my Passion HD, should be the same with the Passion HD+.

Llew

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
jeff golding said:
I have tried the seven day EPG button but no info shows.
I have followed suggestions on the forum, left the EPG on but it does not populate.

I suspect it's another 'not quite' upgrade from Fortec. Sometimes it seems to keep the data better when the 'UK 7day EPG' is 'off'. I tuned to the 'blank' Brit Shorts, which AFAIK is the EPG data stream and it populates fairly well but as soon as you select another channel's 7day EPG that channel is tuned in and the EPG data for that channel disappears.

I left the P+ on Brit Shorts (the blank one) and it did eventually populate the EPG but very slowly and all was quickly lost when I had to do a power down. It did stay (with the 'UK 7day EPG' set to on) and 'now and next' did come up on some channels once they were selected and tuned to.

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
icarusi said:
I suspect it's another 'not quite' upgrade from Fortec. Sometimes it seems to keep the data better when the 'UK 7day EPG' is 'off'. I tuned to the 'blank' Brit Shorts, which AFAIK is the EPG data stream and it populates fairly well but as soon as you select another channel's 7day EPG that channel is tuned in and the EPG data for that channel disappears.

I left the P+ on Brit Shorts (the blank one) and it did eventually populate the EPG but very slowly and all was quickly lost when I had to do a power down. It did stay (with the 'UK 7day EPG' set to on) and 'now and next' did come up on some channels once they were selected and tuned to.

For me the EPG will only populate when tuned to 'Brit Shorts' (the blank one with PIDS in the 2000s). Any power down wipes EPG. The EPG doesn't seem to set the timer, although it looks like it should do. May try with the non-UK EPG (switched off in 'settings', suspect a bug).

jeff golding

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Passion + and Dell vostro 1500 laptop
My Location
UK Essex
Many thanks for your advice, will try it with the EPG off.
Emailed fortec star but no reply, dont fully understand all the other settings you suggested.
Merry Christmas.
jeff

icarusi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortecstar Passion+
My Location
UK
jeff golding said:
Many thanks for your advice, will try it with the EPG off.
Emailed fortec star but no reply, dont fully understand all the other settings you suggested.
Merry Christmas.
jeff

Seems to need 'Brit Shorts' tuned in *and* 'user time' set to off (or current time) before it will populate. Setting a timer event seems to autoset 'user time' to 'on' which may be ok providing the P+ has already found it's time from a channel, which it can't do if it's booted with 'user time' set to 'on'. All completely unacceptable, but it's a 'workaround' for now.