eTV 68.5E gone to Nagravision 3?

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Ok been out of the Satellite seen for a while and was shocked to retune my DVB card and eTV is scrambled. Did the Nagravision 3 Switch pass?
I hope not, but do let me know before I format and re-format the drive thinking Windoze is at it again with viruses.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Still using Nagra1 according to lyngsat :D

looks like they may be about to completely go over to Nagra3 in the not to distant future :(

You probably need to find the keys to open it, no idea where you would find them in all honesty as i've never looked as i can't see 68.5e from my location :-righton

:-beer

Nano

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 76

Tom34

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
1m for 28°,23.5°, 19° and 13°E.
1m for 7°W.
0.8m for 68.5°E.
0.8m for 15W.
1.25 in cellar
Samsung HD; Pace DS430N, X-Sat 350, Topfield 5000 CI
My Location
Munich, Germany
e-tv went dark on Friday, I doubt that Lyngsat is that up to date

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Tom34 said:
e-tv went dark on Friday, I doubt that Lyngsat is that up to date

Either a key change or gone to Nagra 3.

In the absence of reports from that area it could be either.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Lyngsat and flysat are catastrophe when talking about things eastern than 53E. Their info is always outdated.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
It's looking like Nagra 3 .... yet to be fully confirmed but apparently there has been a statement by the operators.

_http://companies.mybroadband.co.za/sentech/2009/07/14/sentechs-vivid-service-undergoing-technical-improvements/

Tom34

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
1m for 28°,23.5°, 19° and 13°E.
1m for 7°W.
0.8m for 68.5°E.
0.8m for 15W.
1.25 in cellar
Samsung HD; Pace DS430N, X-Sat 350, Topfield 5000 CI
My Location
Munich, Germany
according to kingofsat it is Nagra3 :-(

bostephen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 m C Band Dish on
PAS7_10 @ 68.5°E, 1.8 m Astra C Band Dish (for roaming) but now on Thaicom 2/5 @ 78.5, 90 cm (GTV) offset on Sirius 4; ALL FTA and Astravox VSR-400 Reciever, I Still have 2 analogue recievers...(4 what? noo one knows!!)
My Location
Africa, Uganda (Log. 32.8°E, Lat. 0.7° N)
bigtee said:
It's looking like Nagra 3 .... yet to be fully confirmed but apparently there has been a statement by the operators.

_http://companies.mybroadband.co.za/sentech/2009/07/14/sentechs-vivid-service-undergoing-technical-improvements/

No doubt! The channel is gone...

My Astrovox used to get the thing right from the tym I pointed my dish there. But last Friday, I started to get thet message.

This opens up something I was thinking shortly before that. It started when I sent a message to the operators of MBC2, telling them that they should have issued a statement to their clients when the bird they were using went digital all of a sudden. I told them that it should have been good if they told us to find our favourite channel at NSS703, - and bang! send...

The next tym I checked on the freq tables, MBC2 was no where to be seen on NSS703. Besides, they did not reply my letter.

About eTV, I read in an African forum where on guy was telling how he is able to watch some of these encrypted TVs as his decoder could read them. That iis when I said in my heart that this brother may bring us problems, am sure channel owners have ways of testing their services - by chking some of these fora or (forums).

According to their statement, something comes out; "eTV...has been compromised...".

Some tyms our words have to be said with care. I have learnt 2 lessons now.

bostephen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 m C Band Dish on
PAS7_10 @ 68.5°E, 1.8 m Astra C Band Dish (for roaming) but now on Thaicom 2/5 @ 78.5, 90 cm (GTV) offset on Sirius 4; ALL FTA and Astravox VSR-400 Reciever, I Still have 2 analogue recievers...(4 what? noo one knows!!)
My Location
Africa, Uganda (Log. 32.8°E, Lat. 0.7° N)
Oh, I forgot to wish u all an FTA mornining - for it is here 12:16 am 4th Aug 09. Bo

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Actually it is Nagra 3 as even Lyngsat as now confirmed it. I have been way out of Satellite bases and missed the upgrade. Now I'm thinking of what I would be able to do as wifey is addicted to some programs on eTV.
Damn fat wallet needed

claasi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
105 cm motor dish with 75E to 45 W - Openbox 820 CI
My Location
Germany- Munich
On the Sentech Website which runs the platform it says the following:

e.tv temporarily unavailable on Vivid platform

Sentech can confirm that e.tv is temporarily unavailable on the bouquet of channels offered on the company’s Vivid Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite service. Technical improvements are being made to improve the security of the service.

The Vivid service is available in Sub-Saharan Africa for viewers who purchase the Vivid decoders.

Vivid viewers in South Africa receive e.tv on a free-access basis as part of Sentech’s Vivid bouquet. However, the Vivid platform is carried by satellite and the broadcast footprint therefore extends into Sub-Saharan Africa.

Historically, the encryption software used in the Vivid decoder, protected the geographic integrity of the e.tv offering service outside of South Africa’s borders. Sentech have now learnt that this encryption software has been compromised and needs to secure the feed.

--- Ends ---

Issued by: Sentech Corporate Communications

For more information please contact:
Polly Modiko – Head: Corporate Communications
Tel: 011 691 7000
E-mail: modikop@sentech.co.za