Fast Forward Problem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
Has anyone else experienced problems with fast forwarding on the dreambox, specifically whilst recording a programme and watching it 'time delayed'. I like to set off a programme recording, pause it for 5-10mins, then watch it, fast forwarding through the adverts, but more often that not, you press the fast foward button on the remote, and it will skip to the 'end' of the current recording, e.g. the live bit. You then have to rewind back to the point where the adverts finished.

I'm running the Pli-Jade image and recording to 30GB local IDE hdd and using CCCam with my S*y Viewing Card. This does however seem to affect both FTA and subscription channels. I also regularly experience corruption and skipping when watching programs.

Am I asking too much from the box, or is it likely my HDD is too slow/duff, or am I using a resource intensive image, or some other factor?