Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Im manually adding in standard definition frequencies with a fec of 3/4, and scanned the desired frequency.

The channels successfully scan in, but when I look at the info on the info bar it says fec 4/5

This has happened twice in recent days, and Ive double checked the scan had the right 3/4 fec in it to begin with.

Secondly either Im missing summat obvious or the dvb-s2 scan does not have auto fec as a selection? If Im s2 feed hunting I dont want to be doing 9 separate scans using each individual fec setting.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Analoguesat said:
Secondly either Im missing summat obvious or the dvb-s2 scan does not have auto fec as a selection? If Im s2 feed hunting I dont want to be doing 9 separate scans using each individual fec setting.

I'm sure it does, but i will double check tonight and let you know for sure.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Analoguesat said:
Im manually adding in standard definition frequencies with a fec of 3/4, and scanned the desired frequency.

The channels successfully scan in, but when I look at the info on the info bar it says fec 4/5
That's down to a bug in the image. I brought this up on the VIX forum but didn't receive a response. The FEC info is correct for the transponder but what it displays on the info bar is wrong. On the BBC1 HD transponder I have "fec_inner" in the satellites.xml file as nº 6, which is 8/9, but on the info-bar it displays as 3/5, which is "fec_inner" nº 7. So it is the info-bar cross-wired somehow. It's correct in the Nabilo image, but not in VIX when using the same satellites.xml file.

Nabilo-screenshot.jpg

Analoguesat said:
That's a horrid pain in the neck. There's no "auto" option for DVB-S2 in either VIX (Vu+ Duo) or Nabilo (DM500 HD) so I am guessing this is an E2 thing.

Attachments

• VIX-screenshot.jpg
    VIX-screenshot.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 101

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Huevos said:
That's down to a bug in the image. I brought this up on the VIX forum but didn't receive a response. The FEC info is correct for the transponder but what it displays on the info bar is wrong. On the BBC1 HD transponder I have "fec_inner" in the satellites.xml file as nº 6, which is 8/9, but on the info-bar it displays as 3/5, which is "fec_inner" nº 7. So it is the info-bar cross-wired somehow. It's correct in the Nabilo image, but not in VIX when using the same satellites.xml file.

Ah okay that must have been when I swapped back to Vix last weekend (didnt last very long :D).

That's a horrid pain in the neck. There's no "auto" option for DVB-S2 in either VIX (Vu+ Duo) or Nabilo (DM500 HD) so I am guessing this is an E2 thing.

Ok thats solved that one - and thats a MAJOR omission as many of the feeds listed dont have fecs listed these days.

Cheers Huevos, at least I know Im not doing anything wrong :)

It wouldnt be so bad if the manual tuning had signal strength bars so you could just hop over the fecs quickly and see when you have a positive lock

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Analoguesat said:
Ah okay that must have been when I swapped back to Vix last weekend (didnt last very long :D).
Apparently it is correct in the latest version of VIX. My version is about 6 months old.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ah - proof the fec displayed is screwed on BH as well.

One of the APTN feeds - the fec is 5/6 on these - it clearly says 4/5 on the display.........

I have confirmed this by deleting the channel and rescanning the frequency.

Attachments

• fec.jpg
    fec.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 80

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Mine always says 1/2 in the VIX image info bar for some reason, despite FEC being actually something different.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Another black mark for the E2 s/w.........