Freesat epg + Dvb-t channels

jokerpoker42

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
set top box
My Location
ireland
I am looking to download the the software for the "freesat" channels (astra28) and menus. But also looking to see if i can add a couple of dvb-t into the menu. Has anyone tested this?

Thanks ALL

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Eh?? You post doesnt make much sense.

If you want the Freesat menu structure then you buy a Freesat box - you cant load the Freesat software onto a none Freesat box.

If you want to watch DVB-T channels then buy a DTT receiver - very few satellite boxes have the provision for DTT tuners.

jokerpoker42

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
set top box
My Location
ireland
Seems you dont know that much , you can get freesat software for linux set top boxes I have seen it on the dreambox but was looking to see if anyone tried altering the enigma 2 freesat patch to include dvb-t .

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No you CANT get Freesat software for the Linux boxes. You can get epg grabbers that connect to third party sites like the Radio Times and populate an epg that way but thats very different from loading the Freesat software, which is proprietary and licensed to Freesat box vendors..

Details of how to do epg plug ins can be found on the forum.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
No you CANT get Freesat software for the Linux boxes. You can get epg grabbers that connect to third party sites like the Radio Times and populate an epg that way but thats very different from loading the Freesat software, which is proprietary and licensed to Freesat box vendors..

Details of how to do epg plug ins can be found on the forum.

There is a freesat patch for dreambox enigma2 images. I am testing it now - but it only gives a limited epg - so far.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its srtil not the Freesat software - thats licensed stuff that the box manufacturers have to pay for. This will be a lookalike.

smaxy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo / Windows 7
My Location
UK
I`m using OpenPli on my VU+Duo and that has a "Freesat" type EPG, fully populated for eight days, no series link though.