Freesat Signal Issues with New Dish Installation

rosshaden

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Insat4A
My Location
India
Hello

I have recently installed a new satellite dish to use with my Freesat HD box; but I am facing some signal issues. The dish is correctly aligned and securely mounted.

I have checked the LNB and it seems to be in good condition. The coaxial cable is new and securely connected to both the dish and the Freesat box. I have done a factory reset on the Freesat box and rescanned for channels.

Even after all this; the signal quality and strength seem to be fluctuating; leading to frequent pixelation and sometimes complete loss of channels. I have referred https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/freesat-digital-tv-support-forum.603-rpa documentation guide but still need help .

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Are there any specific settings / troubleshooting steps I might be missing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:-applause

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What size dish are you / others using for Freesat where you are ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hello

I have recently installed a new satellite dish to use with my Freesat HD box; but I am facing some signal issues. The dish is correctly aligned and securely mounted.

I have checked the LNB and it seems to be in good condition. The coaxial cable is new and securely connected to both the dish and the Freesat box. I have done a factory reset on the Freesat box and rescanned for channels.

Even after all this; the signal quality and strength seem to be fluctuating; leading to frequent pixelation and sometimes complete loss of channels. I have referred https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/freesat-digital-tv-support-forum.603-rpa documentation guide but still need help .

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Are there any specific settings / troubleshooting steps I might be missing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!:-applause
Your profile says you are in India & your ip address resolves to India as well. If you are in India then you are wasting our time. If you arent in India then your profile is deliberately incorrect..... As a technical forum we do ask that profile information is accurate.