Freeview box with usb

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
I am looking for a Freeview box which has the ability to record onto a USB(therefore I can remove USB and play on another tv)
There are many Freeview + boxes around with built in hard drives,anybody know of a box with hard drive & USB?
Thanks

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
I am looking for a Freeview box which has the ability to record onto a USB(therefore I can remove USB and play on another tv)
There are many Freeview + boxes around with built in hard drives,anybody know of a box with hard drive & USB?
Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Just to be absolutely clear, as there is often confusion about terminology - and it is crucial in this case - do you mean Freeview (DTT) or do you mean Freesat (DSAT)?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Just to be absolutely clear, as there is often confusion about terminology - and it is crucial in this case - do you mean Freeview (DTT) or do you mean Freesat (DSAT)?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Good point Gordon and it is also not posted in either the freesat section or the Freeview section but in the Digital systems section :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Good point Gordon and it is also not posted in either the freesat section or the Freeview section but in the Digital systems section :)

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
Tivù said:
Sorry,I realise that I should have posted in the Freeview section.I do not want to open a new thread,therefore I will continue with this.I was referring digital terrestrial television,Tivu.Any suggestions woule be welcome

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
Tivù said:
Sorry,I realise that I should have posted in the Freeview section.I do not want to open a new thread,therefore I will continue with this.I was referring digital terrestrial television,Tivu.Any suggestions woule be welcome

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thread moved,

I cannot say I have yet seen such an animal to be honest but if there currently is not one I am sure some company will fill the hole in the market quite soon

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thread moved,

I cannot say I have yet seen such an animal to be honest but if there currently is not one I am sure some company will fill the hole in the market quite soon

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Perhaps the TM6900 could do this? I know it had DTT (possibly even Freeview?) and has a USB port for an external drive.

Someone with one may be able to confirm.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Perhaps the TM6900 could do this? I know it had DTT (possibly even Freeview?) and has a USB port for an external drive.

Someone with one may be able to confirm.

smaxy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo / Windows 7
My Location
UK
I`ve a Fetch TV Freeview stb with both a HDD and USB which fits the bill, I purchased the 7000 version (80 gb HDD) of fleabay for £37, or you can have the latest version 8000 (160gb and twin tuners) approx £200 or fleabay for less.

smaxy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo / Windows 7
My Location
UK
I`ve a Fetch TV Freeview stb with both a HDD and USB which fits the bill, I purchased the 7000 version (80 gb HDD) of fleabay for £37, or you can have the latest version 8000 (160gb and twin tuners) approx £200 or fleabay for less.

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
smaxy said:
Is the box stable(who is the manufacturer)?And has it got good features like Series Link?Thanks

CIELO CHIARO

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec
My Location
Great Britain
smaxy said:
Is the box stable(who is the manufacturer)?And has it got good features like Series Link?Thanks

smaxy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo / Windows 7
My Location
UK
They`re both made by the French company Netgem, didn`t mention that you can`t record directly to an external HDD but you have to export the files (.ts) via the user menu.
Linux is the OS so barring the odd crash, as stable as any stb. :)

smaxy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo / Windows 7
My Location
UK
They`re both made by the French company Netgem, didn`t mention that you can`t record directly to an external HDD but you have to export the files (.ts) via the user menu.
Linux is the OS so barring the odd crash, as stable as any stb. :)

smaxy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo / Windows 7
My Location
UK
Forget to add Series Link is available although you`ll also record the repeats if any, it`s marketed primarily as a VOD service although you can use your own ISP unlike BT Vision.

smaxy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+Duo / Windows 7
My Location
UK
Forget to add Series Link is available although you`ll also record the repeats if any, it`s marketed primarily as a VOD service although you can use your own ISP unlike BT Vision.