French TV in the UK

jacamo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old Analogue at present, looking for advice on what to get.
Hi there,

I only have an old analogue FTA system that I bought from Lidl and have heard that all TV broadcasts in France will be digital by 2007. I assume that this includes the analogue broadcast on Atlantic Bird.

Will I still be able to get free access to French TV (I like TF1, France 2, 3 & 5) via a cheap digital alternative or will I have to buy a cam and either a TPS or Canal card. There is a shop on the net selling the cards from £195.00 but this sounds very expensive considering I get it free at the moment.

Cheers,
Jac

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
jacamo said:
Hi there,

I only have an old analogue FTA system that I bought from Lidl and have heard that all TV broadcasts in France will be digital by 2007. I assume that this includes the analogue broadcast on Atlantic Bird.

Will I still be able to get free access to French TV (I like TF1, France 2, 3 & 5) via a cheap digital alternative or will I have to buy a cam and either a TPS or Canal card. There is a shop on the net selling the cards from £195.00 but this sounds very expensive considering I get it free at the moment.

Cheers,
Jac

Some of the analogue channels are currently available in fta digital (not M6 or TF1). However, its is very likely they will scramble in the next few months.

The analogue channels arent going anywhere in the short term - they are used to feed the terrestrial transmitter network, and strictly speaking are not designed for home reception. However, due to gaps in the transmitter network, these transmissions are the only way that millions of French residents get decent telly reception.