Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
axil ad600 +
old analogic metronic

Moteck SG2100A +old universal LNB
My Location
normandy (France)
Hello,

I tried to add a Tpx frequency in my demo (10758V on Hotbird to be precise) , found on Kingofsat internet site but my demo is just unable to get a signal from that. instead, it get a signal with 10757 instead ???!!! when I scan for channel with this frequency, I get the channel I'm looking for!!!....Well, I thought "why not..."

Then I noticed that none of the frequencies in my demo match the ones found on kingofsat. There's always 1 or 2 MHz difference. This is true on Hotbird, Astra2D, etc... I know of other people in France experiencing this but does anyone know why this strange shift in frequencies (it's not a constant shift, sometimes 1MHz difference, sometimes 2)

It is a pain in the neck because I want to add a new Tpx, i try the "official" frequency first, then 1 MHz up, then 1 MHz down, till I get a proper signal. Weird...

Any help on this appreciated.

J

Jeff_19341

1 or 2 megs either side of that posted is always acceptable. All to do with the accuracy of your box . You will find that different sites, ie Lyngsat/Flysat/King of Sat/SatCoDex etc will sometimes have a slight difference on the frequency of posted transponders. Nothing to worry about. I have found that with most receivers if you put in the frequency that you think the transponder is on your receiver will pick up the transponder if it is a couple of megs either side of that which you put in.