FTA receiver and analog aerial co-existance issue

emul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
96cm dish, dual LNB, two FTA receivers - Visionet & SAB FTA.
Analog aerial VHF / UHF.
My Location
Ireland
Greetings to all, I've reviewed the different forums and if this is the wrong one - my apologies. I am having an issue with my setup I hope you can assist with (i have reviewed other postings but can't find similair issue):

Setup: 96cm disk with dual LNB feeding a SAB Explorer & Visionet F7100.
Signal strength is excellent, picture perfect

UHF & VHF aerials joined on masthead coming via one cable to signal splitter in attic (one antenna - two outputs)

Have run cable from aerial signal box into ANT IN on above recievers.

Visionet feeding one room , SAB other - both via single cable.

Problems:

1. From Aerial - RTE 1 / 2 / TV3 / TG4 - very poor signal (teletext rubbish) - previously ok

2. From Aerial - BBC 1 / 2 / ITV / CH4 - gone - not a major issue as have all but CH4 on FTA - but would like CH4 back.

3. On either TV I am picking up signal from other FTA box (good I can see what kids are watching) - but should this happen?

Any ideas? Thoughts?

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
The sat antenna and UHF analogue use entirely different freqencies, and shouldn't directly interfere, but it sounds as if you're feeding a single UHF cable through several receivers in cascade, in which case you could well have problems (intermodulation, re-used channels, etc).

More details would help. Possibly with some sort of diagram (can be very crude, just use lines and dashes, it doesn't need "artwork"!).

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
spiney said:
The sat antenna and UHF analogue use entirely different freqencies, and shouldn't directly interfere, but it sounds as if you're feeding a single UHF cable through several receivers in cascade, in which case you could well have problems (intermodulation, re-used channels, etc).

More details would help. Possibly with some sort of diagram (can be very crude, just use lines and dashes, it doesn't need "artwork"!).

PS, presumably, it was ok until recently, then you changed something?

(oops, sorry, posting went wrong there, but meaning should be clear!).

emul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analog aerial VHF / UHF.
My Location
Ireland
:-ohmy Here's the best picture I could manage....hope this clarifies.

The change (recent) is the installation of FTA !!
Thanks

Eoin

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Sorry, some delay in getting back, but more info still needed ....

What types of cable, aerials, amps connectors, etc ?

Note that connecting things together like this can cause all sorts of cross modulation problems, hopefully it will be possible to at least improve things a bit without any major expense .....

emul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analog aerial VHF / UHF.
My Location
Ireland
At long last got the chance to review the setup. I found the issue was with the Triax box - taking terrestrial in and feeding to FTA receivers - it was faulty causing RTE etc to have a rubbish signal - and feeding one FTA to the other.... case closed - thanks for all the input / output :-)

Eoin