Golden Interstar - Freeview

lngarcia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Golden Interstar DSR-8001 Premium
Hi,

I have been looking but didn't find any information about setting up my 8001D so I can used it as a Freeview receiver.

Can any one help me?

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Only if it has a terrestrial digital tuner onboard, by the DSR designation, it would suggest that it hasn't.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its a satellite receiver according to the web specs of it. Freeview is a completely different transmission format, and your box is not suitable for Freeview.

Most of the channels are similar anyway.

lngarcia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My receiver shows in the front panel "DVB - Digital Video Broadcasting" and have a place in the back to connect the aerial. Because of this I'm assuming it works with digital broadcast but I'm not sure.

The manual doesn't say anything!

Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
DVB applies to both satellite and terrestrial, but still both are different and use different tuners multiplexing and decoding. The aerial input at the back of the receiver is simply for looping through your terrestrial signal.

lngarcia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ok.

Thanks for your information. I'm using this satellite receiver for hispasat and think could use it for freeview at the same time... well i have to buy another receiver.

Thank very much.