GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

well i can confirm the KODI PVR CLIENT method, doesn't work on Octagon SF8008 on this channel - just a green scrambled garbage screen.

at least we know now.
 
recording a file (octagaon SF8008), and playing it on VLC on pc works fine also....see attached for video info


EDIT - also playing the network stream (found via E2 WEBIF) direct via VLC works no problem:
 

Attachments

  • alforat.webp
    alforat.webp
    85.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Does the TV have a web browser, if so you could try the receiver's WebIF.
It should have one, I’ll give that a go tomorrow.

I’m surprised that I didn’t even get sound with kodi but vlc gave video on the same device. All 4:2:0 channels worked on kodi, although they didn’t appear as crisp as they do on the receiver.
 
Thread title

GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver​

This thread has gone off track re GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver.

A new thread needs to be created for Octagon SF8008 & 4:2:2.
 
have u clicked CANCEL under the order progress \ you have to do that.
manikm909, Just checked my account and they have refunded me in full. They cancelled my order as they had no stock.
 
 
manikm909, Just checked my account and they have refunded me in full. They cancelled my order as they had no stock.
nice one, i had to cancel it, and pick a reason.
 
mine SHOULD have arrived today from AMAZON.DE - but it didnt - hopefully tomorrow - tracking shows its in the country at least.
does anyone know if you can record to a network share....?
 
Don't get using the PVR function, it says its recording the file is there but will not play back on either the receiver or a PC..This receiver is still full of bugs, I hope they get sorted as the last Android receiver the GTC I had ended up in the bin!!
 
Don't get using the PVR function, it says its recording the file is there but will not play back on either the receiver or a PC..This receiver is still full of bugs, I hope they get sorted as the last Android receiver the GTC I had ended up in the bin!!
What format is the recorded file in. What file extension does it report. Is there more than one file created for each recording.
 
What format is the recorded file in. What file extension does it report. Is there more than one file created for each recording.
It is a ts file. And no, one file per recording. It's documented that the PVR is not working correctly, but after the last firmware update it seemed to work, obviously not....
 
It is a ts file. And no, one file per recording. It's documented that the PVR is not working correctly, but after the last firmware update it seemed to work, obviously not....


VLC on a PC can play *.ts files, perhaps the recording made by the box is not full *.ts file format but wrapped up and labelled with a *.ts extension?
 
mine is out for delivery
i will work it out and report back
 
VLC on a PC can play *.ts files, perhaps the recording made by the box is not full *.ts file format but wrapped up and labelled with a *.ts extension?
Dunno MB..will take another look later...
 
Dunno MB..will take another look later...

I'll check it out later as well - 1st job is to change lounge radiator which has sprung a pin hole.
I'm pretty sure when i did a little recording onto a usb3 stick the other week it played back ok
 
I'll check it out later as well - 1st job is to change lounge radiator which has sprung a pin hole.
I'm pretty sure when i did a little recording onto a usb3 stick the other week it played back ok
I will have to check all the files. Maybe because some recordings were made when Bisto encryption was used...
 
its arrived - not the greatest packaging in the world!!! its taken a knock....
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20211210_130347439.webp
    PXL_20211210_130347439.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20211210_130340831.MP.webp
    PXL_20211210_130340831.MP.webp
    35.4 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20211210_130327581.webp
    PXL_20211210_130327581.webp
    74.1 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top