GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Wired it into 16e and some BBC OBs on it, HDMI capture:

 
First channel with the lady is 16APSK but 4:2:0, the football one is 4:2:2 and yeh as you can see.. not so great.
 
First channel with the lady is 16APSK but 4:2:0, the football one is 4:2:2 and yeh as you can see.. not so great.


What do you want for £80 :lol:
 
What do you want for £80 :lol:

Oh no I wasn't complaining and expected it! I love the box. Was just offering up another example for those wondering about it.
 
It's an Android receiver, so it should be like I set my parents up, using the google play store option:
 
As @John says at least u can see what is going on . With 2 tricks it has up it's sleeve ....wonder what gives it the ability to see 4.2.2 that others don't or can't... Chip / software ..?
 
wonder what gives it the ability to see 4.2.2 that others don't or can't... Chip / software ..?
Android and the SoC (system on chip) being fast enough to give it a go. It may be the GPU part of the SoC does not support hardware accelerated 4:2:2 decoding, or it simply isn't fast enough.
 
With these receivers, do they display the android home screen on boot or can they be set to say boot to Sat?

Also, I assume this is a no. Is there anyway to combine say Satellite and Freeview channels with channels from android apps like BBC iPlayer, Pluto TV etc.?
 
With these receivers, do they display the android home screen on boot or can they be set to say boot to Sat?

Also, I assume this is a no. Is there anyway to combine say Satellite and Freeview channels with channels from android apps like BBC iPlayer, Pluto TV etc.?
The answer to your first question is YES. I have mine set to start on SATELLITE.
 
Postman delivered today, got the keyboard too....just tuning in DVB-T2 and DVB-S2...liking the feel of it so far. Bit strange when you used to Enigma2 :)
 
Lol yes. And a lot more buggy. But here's hoping
 
Remember guys I accidently bought two Combos direct from GT Media. The second one is in its original box and still available. I live near the junction of the M5 and the M50. Maybe someone is interested in having it? So please PM me if that's you.
 
** New update available -
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Screenshot (131).webp
 
** New update available -
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
View attachment 139885

Point 2 is interesting, assuming it does work with a sky q lnb.
 
** New update available -
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
View attachment 139885
Have you road tested it yet?
 
Have you road tested it yet?

Took it for a bit of a spin earlier on - nothing of real interest for the Feedhunter or enthusiast type of driver
 
Took it for a bit of a spin earlier on - nothing of real interest for the Feedhunter or enthusiast type of driver
OK, I think the bugs that we know about will be fixed before they start to add feehunter options, but personally I doubt they will...
 
Took it for a bit of a spin earlier on - nothing of real interest for the Feedhunter or enthusiast type of driver
presume AL FORAT has same issue?
 
Back
Top