GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
The channel scanning routine seems quicker when blind scanning now since new f/w

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
I wish there was a scroll bar when on the channel list screen . I also wish you could press right and left arrows to page down the channels instead of having to select PG up or down button

I also wish it didn't remember the satellite you selected on a previous occasion which is off the page, as you think you are blind scanning just one sat but you could have another sat ticked higher or lower in the lost .

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
I wish there was a scroll bar when on the channel list screen . I also wish you could press right and left arrows to page down the channels instead of having to select PG up or down button

I also wish it didn't remember the satellite you selected on a previous occasion which is off the page, as you think you are blind scanning just one sat but you could have another sat ticked higher or lower in the lost .
Assuming you’re registered with the GT Media forum pass all those wishes on to them. They appear to be quite receptive to constructive suggestions. Who knows they could appear in their next firmware release.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Assuming you’re registered with the GT Media forum pass all those wishes on to them. They appear to be quite receptive to constructive suggestions. Who knows they could appear in their next firmware release.

Quite agree , any niggles and bug finds need to be passed onto them - granted there are quite a few niggles and bugs still present but they (GTMedia) rely on active owners of the receiver to let them know and sooner the better

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham

PG up/down has been the way it has worked on every Openbox/Freesat/GTMedia receiver I've tried. On the old V8S they are also used for fast forward & rewind, which took me a while to work out as there are dedicated FFWD & RWD buttons on the remote that don't do anything when pressed :-doh

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
do i log them in the GTMEDIA GTPlayer section, as that is the "app" you choose on the STB ...?

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
do i log them in the GTMEDIA GTPlayer section, as that is the "app" you choose on the STB ...?

I use this page
Code:
https://www.freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=24278

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
thanks logged a few bits

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
re the AL FORAT channel on 10e.

if you press the GREEN BUTTON - it switches player, and you can actually see the video - albeit SLOW laggy frame rate - like some other 4.2.2 feeds

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
re the AL FORAT channel on 10e.

if you press the GREEN BUTTON - it switches player, and you can actually see the video - albeit SLOW laggy frame rate - like some other 4.2.2 feeds
A classic software implementation for 4.2.2 feeds rather than a hardware one that was first suspected. I eventually got an answer to this question over in the GTMEDIA forum.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
A classic software implementation for 4.2.2 feeds rather than a hardware one that was first suspected. I eventually got an answer to this question over in the GTMEDIA forum.
Doesn't software have to be run on hardware ?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Doesn't software have to be run on hardware ?
It certainly does. In the case of the Combo the switch to a second player would indicate some form of VLC like implementation on the Android platform The pro boxes like the Proview 7100 costing multiples of the Combo would have a dedicated hardware implementation for 4.2.2. I’m sure the pros here could confirm this. ProView 7100 | Video Streaming | Contribution | Harmonic

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
does anyone elses box start crashing after blind scanning 16e ....and then channel surfing ....
ive tried factory reset - but app keeps closing...

ta

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
does anyone elses box start crashing after blind scanning 16e ....and then channel surfing ....
ive tried factory reset - but app keeps closing...

ta
Have you tried reflashing the firmware. Best source for support is the GTMEDIA forum itself. Boxes are still very experimental but it sounds like they’re getting there. The V8 UHD is a little maturer but it’s not without its faults either.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Nice feed to try on the GTCombo
23.5°E 11515V 30000 16APSK 4:2:2 HEVC 4K

gap30

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 90cm dish
My Location
Liverpool
That feed is sky boxing have one eye on this box would be interesting to know how it fares on this particular broadcast

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
That feed is sky boxing have one eye on this box would be interesting to know how it fares on this particular broadcast

It struggles but eventually got a lock for a screen grab - playback video unable to watch, S/N average at 12dB - 1.2 CM - Central UK , could have done with a drop more.
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Screenshot (165).pngScreenshot (166).png

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is there an image for this receiver that allows a double digit - decimal point - entry for motorised ?

Owing to the reflector beamwidth on the larger dish I'm a dB or so below the theoretical maximum.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I also seem to be missing a manual / single transponder scan, only options are auto and blind for the complete satellite.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
I also seem to be missing a manual / single transponder scan, only options are auto and blind for the complete satellite.

.. if i'm understanding you correctly - once a Blind Scan has been done and saved the channels ie: 11.514V the Eubank fight, exit and go to the 'Transponder list for what satellite you have just scanned. Bottom left of display see 'Info' - TP/Sat , tick the selected frequency and then press the Red button to scan the selected frequency.