GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Can anyone confirm if the Combo has a setting for screen resolution to correctly set the US transmissions (ice hockey feeds).

The HiSense TV (a Roku engined device) has no feature that I can try.
Under 'droid' in settings, display, screen resolution, display mode.

20231227_100944.jpg
 
Under 'droid' in settings, display, screen resolution, display mode.

View attachment 153604
Thanks, they still look short, or fat. I originally had the 'auto' setting on. No luck

Currently looking at 15W feeds (American wendyball) so perhaps all players are of similar build.

Nothing auto slimming feature then ?
 
i guess the setting shown by @scopus is for the Android OS as a whole, it doesnt neccesarily mean that the satellite app which we all use, obeys it. Is there not a picture settings option in the settings menu of the actual satellite app itself?
 
i guess the setting shown by @scopus is for the Android OS as a whole, it doesnt neccesarily mean that the satellite app which we all use, obeys it. Is there not a picture settings option in the settings menu of the actual satellite app itself?
No
 
For some reason my remote won't turn on the receiver now. I have to unplug and plug in again to boot up. Is there any fix ?
 
Replace the batteries if u haven't already
I've had all sorts of weird crap going on when batts are low
 
Replace the batteries if u haven't already
I've had all sorts of weird crap going on when batts are low
I should have said all other buttons work fine and it turns off ok just not ON !
 
I should have said all other buttons work fine and it turns off ok just not ON !
Assume the remote is Bluetooth paired with the receiver. For turning off, Bluetooth is used whereas turning on is activated by the remote seeing the IR sensor of the GT Combo......so just check they can 'see' each other. If no success unpair the Bluetooth and reconnect them again. Good luck :Yand as 'Manikm909 indicates, low batteries produces wierd events or even NO events. :-rofl2
 
Assume the remote is Bluetooth paired with the receiver. For turning off, Bluetooth is used whereas turning on is activated by the remote seeing the IR sensor of the GT Combo......so just check they can 'see' each other. If no success unpair the Bluetooth and reconnect them again. Good luck :Yand as 'Manikm909 indicates, low batteries produces wierd events or even NO events. :-rofl2
OK bluetooth must have been working but I tried to pair again now the remote won't function at all
 
Seems the bluetooth has stopped working from the receiver and / or remote. now unable to use it. Anyone else had this ? Seems I have to buy a new box
 
Last edited:
Does'mr make any sense all that. I'll have to bin it and buy another as I've no idea if it's the remote or the box
Well, I would certainly have a go resetting it without the remote, before you bin it...I take it you have changed the batteries?
 
I think it was the same problem ?, not 100% sure - seem to remember it was the batteries in the remote.
No I've tried 3 different set of batteries. I remember the power button use to light up in red when you pressed it, not done that since the problem
 
Well, I would certainly have a go resetting it without the remote, before you bin it...
Did that, nothing happens
 
Try another 12V power supply. These cheap Chinese psu's are also prone to failure..
But the main screen shows, it's working showing the time on the front with the green power LED, just can't operate the box !
 
But the main screen shows, it's working showing the time on the front with the green power LED, just can't operate the box !
I would still try one, may be it's not quite kicking out 12v or giving out transient noise..
 
I would still try one, may be it's not quite kicking out 12v or giving out transient noise..
No change as I expected
 
Back
Top