GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Hello,
"Awaiting an awkward 4:2:2 feed for some proper tests.", would be interesting to have information's about this characteristic. Maybe you will post that.
 
Hello,
"Awaiting an awkward 4:2:2 feed for some proper tests.", would be interesting to have information's about this characteristic. Maybe you will post that.
Maybe you will look through the two years and 64 pages of this thread, starting from the beginning.
 
usual "bug fix" message?
 
what kind of response is that. typical.
 
well i took the trouble to be a little more helpful.

Fixed DVB related BUG
Update OSCAM function
Update Disney+ version
Update Amazon Prime Video version
Fixed known bug
 
My GT Combo is a dead GT Combo!!

It turns on & off with the remote, connects to the ethernet, shows the time but no output from the HDMI (tested on multiple displays) . I have reset and reflashed with differnt versions of firmware without issue but no joy. RIP GT Combo

It was a usefull blindscan box but not wanting to throw good money after bad what would I lose with a V9 Prime (£25) over a GT Combo (£85) apart from DVB T that I have never used??

 
Depending on the revision of your box there might be a reset switch under the bottom grill. U might be able to do a low level reset not just a software one from the UI
 
Depending on the revision of your box there might be a reset switch under the bottom grill. U might be able to do a low level reset not just a software one from the UI
Thanks for the reply. I have a reset switch (used for flashing from PC) but makes now change on the HDMI status. My UI is a full time black screen :N
 
no output from the HDMI (tested on multiple displays)
What about AV output? This should work even if HDMI is misconfigured or faulty.
 
It's interesting ... @scopus has suffered the same issue on a dreambox. Did a storm affect you @Joolz
 
What about AV output? This should work even if HDMI is misconfigured or faulty.
Only HDMI output on the GT Combo as far as I know.
 
It's interesting ... @scopus has suffered the same issue on a dreambox. Did a storm affect you @Joolz
It just happened after coming out of a power cycle due to showing a reduced image instead of full screen when coming out of standby, no recent storms I can recall.
 
It's interesting ... @scopus has suffered the same issue on a dreambox. Did a storm affect you @Joolz
My Dreambox boots up, outputs sound via the optical output, but a dead HDMI and ethernet port after a storm on Saturday..It also destroyed my HDMI switcher and a GTMedia V8XS, plus my Multi switch, luckily I had a spare so now back in business.
 
My Dreambox boots up, outputs sound via the optical output, but a dead HDMI and ethernet port after a storm on Saturday..It also destroyed my HDMI switcher and a GTMedia V8XS, plus my Multi switch, luckily I had a spare so now back in business.
Oh dear! an expensive weekend. It is most likely something like that that damaged mine.
So back to the question, what would I lose with a V9 Prime (£25) over a GT Combo (£85) apart from DVB T that I have never used??
 
Oh dear! an expensive weekend. It is most likely something like that that damaged mine.
So back to the question, what would I lose with a V9 Prime (£25) over a GT Combo (£85) apart from DVB T that I have never used??
Not really, obviously the SW is not android in the V9, but you can flash MARS for extra channels if you so wish. But the V9 will pour Poop out of the box.
 
Unfortunately, my GT Combo also broke down last year, with no hope of being repaired.
I now have a V9 prime. It's not as sensitive with low-power carriers as the Combo.
of course it doesn't do 422 directly (although on the combo it was sometimes very unstable) otherwise it's a very decent receiver
where you can indicate the frequencies of 10490 (amateur radio on 26 East) which allows you to use a standard LNB, it can also read very small SR (sr300 is the limit that can be given with the original firmware). With Mars, it can go even lower (be careful, once the receiver is on Mars, it's very difficult to go back to zero).
 
Back
Top