Help!!! joust bought a SilverCrest Satellite and it's shows 14% signal Quality...

DigitalPoint

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital Camping satellite system
My Location
Spain
Help!!! joust bought a SilverCrest Camping Satellite system and it's shows 14% signal Quality... and intensity 0 - 73 - 82 :-per but it's says No Signal?? :confused and if I unplug the coaxial cable it's always shows the same to 14 %??? is this normal?? :confused
I try everywhere but still the same... 4 hours but nothing change :/..
please help it will be nice from you :)

From Lidl*

Model SL 65 / 12

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's because you haven't correctly aligned the Dish to a Satellite position.

The readings are doing nothing more than indicate you've actually got the LNB connected to the Receiver.

Assuming you are trying in the first place to get UK stuff off 28E, then the Dish face need to be nigh on vertical and you need to align very carefully: It's one of those tasks than can seem insufferably difficult until you've managed it the first time - then it gets much, much easier!

DigitalPoint

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
I have this "Satellite locator compass" and I've already aligned to "Astra 1" but still the same the intensity shows up to 81 % but the signal quality still the same 14 sorry I'm new about this :) but it's is normal that it show 14% even without a coaxial cable?? plugged in? :confused

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
DigitalPoint said:
I have this "Satellite locator compass" and I've already aligned to "Astra 1" but still the same the intensity shows up to 81 % but the signal quality still the same 14 sorry I'm new about this :) but it's is normal that it show 14% even without a coaxial cable?? plugged in? :confused

Yes.

The Quality reading is the one that really matters - a default reading such as you've got indicates you are not aligned, let alone to a specific cluster like Astra 1. The proof only comes when you scan and actually get some Channels - even then a standard error is to be "on the wrong Satellite". ie Similar Transponder parameters are used on different positions so if you scan a pre-store list apparently"belonging" to one Satellite, whilst you are actually pointing at another Satellite, you will get some results - but not the ones you expected!

You are looking for a needle in a haystack that is 24,000miles away: Any error in either the direction or elevation of the Dish means you will miss the Satellite by miles and miles and miles ............... so gentle movements of the Dish only (No waving it around!) and lots of patience.

DigitalPoint

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Tivù said:
Yes.

The Quality reading is the one that really matters - a default reading such as you've got indicates you are not aligned, let alone to a specific cluster like Astra 1. The proof only comes when you scan and actually get some Channels - even then a standard error is to be "on the wrong Satellite". ie Similar Transponder parameters are used on different positions so if you scan a pre-store list apparently"belonging" to one Satellite, whilst you are actually pointing at another Satellite, you will get some results - but not the ones you expected!

You are looking for a needle in a haystack that is 24,000miles away: Any error in either the direction or elevation of the Dish means you will miss the Satellite by miles and miles and miles ............... so gentle movements of the Dish only (No waving it around!) and lots of patience.

Ok I've already done what you say and I'm very patience :toke: LOL
but I try to auto Scan and I always get this message "No programs found" :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
DigitalPoint said:
Ok I've already done what you say and I'm very patience :toke: LOL
but I try to auto Scan and I always get this message "No programs found" :)

And you will continue to do so until you actually get the Dish aligned to a Satellite .......................

Have a couple of litres of Sangria (Just spotted your location) and go back to it tomorrow :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You are only correctly aligned if you get some channels showing.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Thread moved to correct section.

DigitalPoint

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Tivù said:
And you will continue to do so until you actually get the Dish aligned to a Satellite .......................

Have a couple of litres of Sangria (Just spotted your location) and go back to it tomorrow :)

allright :toke:

One more question where is the best place to place the dish ?? on the roof? or?? because now I place it on the kitchen :/ but well still the same lol.... 14 % signal quality and intensity 0 - 73 - 82... Auto scan error message " No program found :toke: and .. I see my neighbor hood watching movies lol... 'O'-red

LoMax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Up and running -> FR Penta 85 dish, TM-02 twin LNB, TM-2300 motor, TM-5200D receiver
My Location
Meath, Ireland
One thing that happened to me when aligning dish was that I had a dead transponder and just couldnt figure out how I was getting same signal all the time no matter what way i moved dish. Make sure you have an active transponder on your reciever when lining up! Check out lyngsat.com to make sure the transponder is live for the satellite your trying to get.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Are you using one of those piddly plastic dishes that come along with the Lidl camping set?

I tested one of those out over the weekend. They are complete rubbish.

cypriel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SilverCrest Camping Satellite system
My Location
UK
DigitalPoint said:
Help!!! joust bought a SilverCrest Camping Satellite system and it's shows 14% signal Quality... and intensity 0 - 73 - 82 :-per but it's says No Signal?? :confused and if I unplug the coaxial cable it's always shows the same to 14 %??? is this normal?? :confused
I try everywhere but still the same... 4 hours but nothing change :/..
please help it will be nice from you :)

From Lidl*

Model SL 65 / 12

i've got the same problem too just weeks ago . I didnt have a problem in the beginning but now the signal quality shows 14% and ive done my best 2 move the dish about but still it aint changing. Can someone help plizzzzz

mich181189

Automation guy
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite gear here, but at my parents' house there is:
Konig 35cm camping dish (horrible, too small)
80cm Silvercrest (lidl)on 13E and 19.2E and a Technomate 5300D+ USB Super.
My Location
Surrey
Ok. The compass will give you a hint, but I find a sat beeper much more useful. I tend to point the dish at the ground, then tweak the beeper until there is just no sound. Then point it where you think the sattelite is and when the noise is the loudest, check the receiver to see what you have. Repeat until you have what you want. _www.dishpointer.com is very handy for this.

The more you do it the better you'll get. If you can see your TV screen (or computer if you're using a pc-based receiver) while you do this it really helps to get the correct sattellite and skew.

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Hi,
Has anyone tried out the new Iphone App 'DishPointer'? Just wondered if it is any good :)