help needed with FS-4400

chillphill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star 4400
My Location
West Sussex
Sorry but im a complete newbie to this satallite business went out a got new FS 4400 frm maplin on the assumption could link into my original dish which has skyplus attached thro 2 connectors on 1 lnb leavin 2 free connectors on same lnb -attached new cable ect and fired up the fs works ok but cant get c4 or c5 - have cheched out threads about how to access c5 but the menus seems different to the ones in the threads - and confused about free sat - in sats menu it shows all sats and astra if i hilite all sats i seem to loose some of the freeview chanels - was under the impression i cld pic up freesat using existing sky dish also how do you set up favorites - followed ins to the letter but get a box up say no fav channel - any help would be gratefully accepted - Many thanx

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum chillphill

Well firstly I suspect nobody has answered in the 9 hours since you posted as your grammar and txt speak makes reading and understanding your post extremely difficult.

To return to your problems, from what I can understand you have done your cable setup correctly and thus you should be able to pick up C4 and C5, you may find that they are not label as such though as they are a fudge to get freesat up and running. Thus you probably are already receiving them but they are labelled with a number, I am sure there are some posts about what they are called in the freesat section somewhere.

As for any further help with your stb, you will have to wait for someone who has the FS 4400 to tell you where you are going wrong as they are all different