Help with RTÉ digital tv

mournespide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+HD box with NI card and no subscription.
Saorview, Basic Freeview and Roku.
My Location
Co.Down (near Claremont Carn transmitter)
I have recently bought an MPEG-4 tv to pick up any digital transmissions from Clermont Cairn. Plugged in a set top aerial and could not pick up any digital tv. I do not have a rooftop aerial (not yet!) but will have one soon. I do live close to this transmitter but at the foot of a hill which in at the front of my house and does interere badly with analogue reception (ghosting).

What type of rooftop aerial would be suitable to get decent RTÉ digital reception? It would need to be elevated at least 10 feet above from the chimney stack as well. I can also recieve RTÉ digital radio at the same location quite well. The set-top aerial I have said it would pick up digital tv but I bought it a number of years ago. I am not sure of getting a suitable replacement as they all say "works with freeview".

Will mpeg-4 tvs pick up mpeg-2 transmissions as well?

Please help me as I am totally confused.....!

mariuss

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Strong Motor Dish 1.1m with Inverto Black Ultra
My Location
Dublin-Ireland
If u have problems receiving analogue signal from ur transmitter it will be the same with digital u will need an bigger aerial have a look for a strong aerial don't mind ur only 2miles away from transmitter and also havin ur aerial for a number of years u may need to check conections from top to botom that includin the cable may be too old,about mpeg4 yes will recieve mpeg2 as well don't worry,lookin at ur position u should try to pick up uk freeview.All the best!