Hispa 11615H Dish Size?

TShill7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Technomate 1500CI+ looped through SKY Digibox, 80cm Dish
My Location
London, UK
Hi All,

This transponder sits on 30W Hispasat. What size dish do you need to pick this up in London? Its a weak signal - is this deliberate for the Spanish market? "Sensitive" receiver required to hold signal?

Many thanks. :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Not really sure what your question is here, click here for the footprint your exisiting dish should pick it up OK if it aligned correctly. Which of the 14 channels on tp87 are trying to receive?

TShill7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Thanks for the reply.
I'm trying to pick up ANY channel. Its weird that I can see all transponders on Hispa except this one. There are folks out there that are able to get all transponders and I wondered what their setup/dish size was.

Sorry for the poorly worded question.....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Try switching off your dect phone and base station and try again, quite a common problem where the signal is swamped at a particular frequency irradiated by the dect base station.

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
I believe this particular transponder is harder to get in the UK than the other Hispasat ones. I've tried various dishes (indoors and outdoors) and various LNBs and have managed to get really good signals on most other Hispasat transponders. This particular one is a problem and I brought this up in a thread (IIRC) last year. IIRC someone said it was a weaker powered one - even though it's not mentioned as such on Lyngsat, Kingofsat et al or Hispa's site.

Even some of the strange symbol rate feeds (* 30w) can come in loud and clear on a 40cm dish!

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Hi
That is the weakest fta transponder that I receive from 30 degrees west. But still have rock steady picture, 78 strength and 38 quality.
See my location and equipment in my profile.
PR

TShill7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Thanks for the replies guys (apart from Topper and his numpty response) a 1m dish seems to be the key for the London area. I recently had a 90cm dish with a TMS-1000 receiver installed and was narked that I couldn't get all transponders.

Seems I should have taken the "go large" option! ...lol...

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
BTW, Topper,, gave a realistic reply to your question. DECT 'phones do cause problems at certain frequencies at times.
PR

TShill7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Then my humble apologies to Topper - I thought he was on a wind up!

Sorry!

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
I do wonder why it's so much weaker and that there's no official (or unofficial) reason mentioned anywhere I've Googled.

I'd like to be able to get all FTA channels at 30w (well at least the ones not pointed towards the Americas - I'm a realist after all!) and can't have a dish that's 80+ cms.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi TShill7
Having read through your other posts on this subject. I cannot understand why you do not get anything from this transponder. Before I upgraded to my present set up this year I was running an 85cm Gibertini dish (85cm X 90cm), a Golden Interstar 0.3dB LNB and a Homecast3000 fta receiver and got that transponder. As I mentioned previously, that transponder is weaker than other that I receive from 30 west but I still had pictures. That is the transponder that has tarrot readers during the daytime and smutty pictures later on.
Have you checked your pointing and skew of the LNB?
PR

TShill7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London, UK
Thanks for the reply Park Royal.

I think you are probably right about the LNB. A couple of things put me off playing about with my set-up:

1) the dish is on the roof & its cold, foggy & windy most times of the day at the mo' in London

2) I haven't got the first clue - other than to "wiggle the lnb" (technical expression!) and see if that makes a difference. I'd lay money that I muck up the reception from all of my sats with this approach. :-snowman

Being in London - is there an optimum angle for my LNB on a 90cm dish that a novice could guage. I haven't seen a "hot to" on this specific point anywhere.

Thanks for all of the feedback :-sman2

Merry christmas. :-csmile

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
At your location TShill7 with a fixed dish the LNB should be rotated anticlockwise to about 20 degrees from the vertical (looking from the front).

So a motorised dish, if set up correctly, will be the same.

Llew