How to get FTA Channels on Vu+Duo on existing skydigital minidish ?

lovebox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dbox2 Sat.
My Location
London-UK
I have just got a new Vu+Duo DVSB-2 (Twin Twiner) Box and today flashed it with 1.3 VIX Image keeping in view your instructions and successfully flashed the VIX image.
I then proceeded to 'Configuration' after selecting Language. I have a 'Sky Fixed Dish' currently hooked up to standard offcial Sky Digi Box However, I'm assuming my current Dish 'Already' points to Astra 28.2E So, When I connect my Vu+ Duo STB (One Cable plugged into LNB1 A tuner only) on the Box when configuring Tuner A. I selected Simple and then Single. Then selecting satellite Astra (28.2E) and DiseqC.... no. I put it on auto scan for the services result. Unfortunately, I am still unable to get any result (See Image below)and every time I scan get the same reply '" scan finished, '0' services found". I'm confused how can I get the result enabling me to proceed further ? Please help me. Thank you!

Off topic question: Are those Sat Dishes that Sky install for users even good for these Vu+ Duo boxes? Do I need to get motorised and different LNB etc? If so, Can you recommend me the items I need to get. Since I've spent £300+ on this box I'm sure getting Motorised dish wouldnt hurt too much plus it'll give me the Flexibility for more coverage oppose to fixed.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Sky minidish should be fine for London on 28.2 East, if you are getting no signal, then it will either be the dish alignment, LNB, or connections. It may of course also be your satellite settings. Make sure the LNB is set to universal.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
lovebox said:
I have just got a new Vu+Duo DVSB-2 (Twin Twiner) Box and today flashed it with 1.3 VIX Image keeping in view your instructions and successfully flashed the VIX image.
I then proceeded to 'Configuration' after selecting Language. I have a 'Sky Fixed Dish' currently hooked up to standard offcial Sky Digi Box However, I'm assuming my current Dish 'Already' points to Astra 28.2E So, When I connect my Vu+ Duo STB (One Cable plugged into LNB1 A tuner only) on the Box when configuring Tuner A. I selected Simple and then Single. Then selecting satellite Astra (28.2E) and DiseqC.... no. I put it on auto scan for the services result. Unfortunately, I am still unable to get any result (See Image below)and every time I scan get the same reply '" scan finished, '0' services found". I'm confused how can I get the result enabling me to proceed further ? Please help me. Thank you!

Off topic question: Are those Sat Dishes that Sky install for users even good for these Vu+ Duo boxes? Do I need to get motorised and different LNB etc? If so, Can you recommend me the items I need to get. Since I've spent £300+ on this box I'm sure getting Motorised dish wouldnt hurt too much plus it'll give me the Flexibility for more coverage oppose to fixed.

No image uploaded. Can you show your configuration details?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Ok, so you have a minidish set up on 28ºE. Has it got one cable coming down or two? Does it work ok with the Sky box?

Set tuner A to:

Configuration mode: Simple,
Mode: Single
Satellite: 28.2E
DiSEqC: No

If there is a second downlead from the dish set Tuner B "equal to tuner A", and if there is only one downlead set it to "Loopthrough to tuner A".

If you only have one down lead from the dish double check that it is attached to the tuner A socket, and then do a manual scan of 28E (single satellite, not single transponder).