How to get subpics?

Kris75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
My Location
Denmark
Hi

I just installed the new Gemini image on my Dreambox and its working just fine. The only problem is that i dont know how to install/setup subs. I have Canal digital and on the movie channels i want danish subpics? I thought it was the green button but nothing happens when i press it!? What do i have to do to get it working?

Kris

Kris75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
My Location
Denmark

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry, not sure what you mean, do you mean subtitles?

Kris75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
My Location
Denmark
yes, subtitles. Cant get them to show

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
teletext, page 888 ?
the teletext button should be between the 'radio' and 'help' buttons.....

Kris75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
My Location
Denmark
JTA said:
teletext, page 888 ?
the teletext button should be between the 'radio' and 'help' buttons.....

Nope that doesnt work. Do i have to install something to get it working?

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
Kris75 said:
Do i have to install something to get it working?
no, teletext is standard. Some questions :
- do you get a teletext page when pressing the text button ? You should get page 100
- does the channel you're tuning into has a teletext service ? If not, there won't be any subtitles either
- if you have a teletext service, then it may also be that there is no subtitle service, or that it's located on another page. What page does DR use to display it's subtitles ? If it's not 888, try to use the same page.
- sometimes you can have multiple language subtitle streams generated by different page numbers. ARTE is a fine example, generation subtitles for most programmes in 5 different languages.
- and last but not least, it may be that the programme you're watching does not carry subtitles : some do, others don't. In most countries they display the page number (viz "888") at the beginning of the programme if it's subtitles.

Kris75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s
My Location
Denmark
JTA said:
no, teletext is standard. Some questions :
- do you get a teletext page when pressing the text button ? You should get page 100
- does the channel you're tuning into has a teletext service ? If not, there won't be any subtitles either
- if you have a teletext service, then it may also be that there is no subtitle service, or that it's located on another page. What page does DR use to display it's subtitles ? If it's not 888, try to use the same page.
- sometimes you can have multiple language subtitle streams generated by different page numbers. ARTE is a fine example, generation subtitles for most programmes in 5 different languages.
- and last but not least, it may be that the programme you're watching does not carry subtitles : some do, others don't. In most countries they display the page number (viz "888") at the beginning of the programme if it's subtitles.

I found out what it was. There was teletext, but on page 888 there wasnt subtitles. I found a plugin thats called Gsubs, that made the trick. Then i only had to config it to danish. Thanks for your time and help.

Kris