How to load T-Rex using USB loader PCB

dishwiz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
australia
Hi I am unable to figure out how to upload a predasaur file to my new T-Rex 4.6 CAM. I am using a USB PCB loader card, which is detected by Windows 7 on com port 2 ok. I have tried dragon loader and DragonCrypt, both do not detect the USB loader card. I assume these 2 applications need serial port connections instead of USB. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:-ohcrap

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
What card programmer do you have?
There are only 2 loader cards that can be used for a Dragon Cam, a PIC F84a or a Fun Card 7, you prgram these and then update the Dragon/T-Rex cam.
The only alternative is to use a Cas 3 programmer and dummy card.

dishwiz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
australia
Mickha, I have a PCB loader card. See -http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=270310672475&view=all&tid=555070761017
It claims to load T-Rex CAMs. Do I still use a card writer with this PCB card? Totally confused atm. Your direction welcome.

[fieldset=Admin]do not post live links[/fieldset]

dishwiz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
australia
Ok I found the driver that makes the Trex loader work. Because I have only a computer with PCI card and DVBdream as a reciever. How do I start the CAM menu to continue to load the CAM? In DVBdream I can start/reset the CAM, losts of extra menu buttons but all greyed out. Anyone got any ideas, perhaps a stand alone application to run the CAM menu stuff? Your comments please?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You have a Dreambox 500s listed in your profile?
If you only have a PCI card, and an external card reader/writer, then perhaps it wwould be best to start a new thread in the satellite PC Card section, other owners will be better suited to solve your problem.
Check the sticky threads the answer might be in there:
Satellite PC Card Receivers & Internet by Satellite

dishwiz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
australia
Thanks I will post in the computer section. Yes I also have Dreambox but the Dragon will not fit in card slot(I guess only for cards). Unless there is an adaptor, no USB slot on the dreambox 500