Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Went to see my mum today in Thornton Cleveleys as I try to every week however this week I went a bit sooner as her Freeview TV had lost BBC1 and BBC2. My mum for the last 20 years has rented her TV and it is still from Martin Dawes. She signed a new contract on 1st June and received this Humax TV as her other was was more expensive and a much smaller CRT model. Martin Dawes went into adminitration on 1st July 2009.

_http://www.thisischeshire.co.uk/news/4479057.Job_losses_after_firm_goes_into_administration/

They are still trading but no longer answering the telephone on the Warrington number held at directory enquiries. There is no telephone number on the contract or the receipt slip.

I went over and entered the menu scanned for BBC1 and 2, epg information but blank screen. Tried again and switched off at the mains as well. Still no result. checked all the menus and in channel settings discovered the 4th option called reset defaults. Of course entering this required a pin, I tried a few 1234 etc and eventually found 0000 worked OK. I was asked if I was sure and thought well I have nothing to lose and fired it off to wipe the memory. Having done that the TV entered install mode scanned for channels and I am glad to say I was successful. So here is a thumbs down to Martin Dawes or whatever they may now be called, I sorted it for you.

Do I take it the contract my mum signed in June of this year is now null and void and she does not have to pay anymore...... No I did not think it would be that easy.....

Came home and found a number on-line, unfortunately not many 83 year old people have broadband and are able to go on line to find the correct number which is fortunate for Martin Dawes

A big thumbs down to your customer service Mr Martin Dawes

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice to know a hard reset brought everything back. That's a result :)