Intelsat 901 / MEV1 mission

FlySat changed the parameters today after my report,but kept the previous information,for reasons known only to them.That's why I also came back to this iptv-over-sat streams,so that those interested know that it exists.
On this occasion I also discovered more radio streams on 228.5.6.7, which I thought it was good to know.
For intervening on the topic,I'm "punishing" you :) for listening to them.
I wrote to flysat and they have added some information back to page. they also explained me that they have upgraded something on webside and that upgrade brought some limitations (like adding IP numbers)

Satesco, you are older than me and highly experienced. I do follow you on other forums and appreciate your knowledge, thanks for all information you share with us.. im kinda carefull to call myself as DX:er but yes we do DX ing. We are trying to catch those weak signals and see what they have inside .. I love SDR, satellites and everything about radio communication.

On hardware side, i have a couple of TBS cards, a couple of SDR hardware and software on both Linux and Windows and on Mac, some LNBs, converters, LNAs, antennas for couple of different bands, RPIs, and many many more....
But things that i use most are TBS 6983, Adalm Pluto, Bullseye 10 kHz LNB, and a lot of software.

For those narrow low SR signals i do use my NooElec SDR E4000 Tuner or Adalm Pluto or my SDRPlay (because of the frequency range that these tuners can cover) + Dc-injector, DC passthrough or something similar to power up LNB ( i use my tbs card to power up the LNB and for controling frequency and polarization)
i forward the stream from sdr hardware to a DVB-S demulator and tunneling from demulator to TSReader or to similar software (depends on your setup and operative system on your computer)

But the easiest easiest easiest way is DVB-S2 Demod GUI from SWL-markro92 at AMSAT forum + NooElec e4000 + TSReader via TCP
On a waterfall display you can easily see the bandwidth and guess the SymbolRate

First screenshot is the signal level for 11609 V with 65cm antenna with Bullseye 10 kHz LNB on it
Second screenshot is the frequency 11686,100 V - SR 83, which i havent reported to flysat. An audio stream encoded in ACC ADTS here is the sample

Satesco, please never stop to share your findings with us and thank you for everything
 

Attachments

  • Capture3.webp
    Capture3.webp
    148.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Capture4.webp
    Capture4.webp
    63.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi. I tried to watch some tv just to discover that i have no lock at 11495V. Everything elwe seems ok so i ask here before i try to fix it. Have the signal level changed lately?
 
Hi. I tried to watch some tv just to discover that i have no lock at 11495V. Everything elwe seems ok so i ask here before i try to fix it. Have the signal level changed lately?
the signal level looks kinda same with my 65 cm antenna.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 155641.png
 
11597 V,500,8/9,S2-Q Radio (listen). Same package as on 11689 V. What do you say, Adam792?
 

Attachments

  • 11597 V,500,89,s2-Q Radio__2021-12-09_20-48-11.webp
    11597 V,500,89,s2-Q Radio__2021-12-09_20-48-11.webp
    163.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 27.5W_10950-11700 V__2021-12-02_20-38-00.webp
    27.5W_10950-11700 V__2021-12-02_20-38-00.webp
    111.2 KB · Views: 34
11609 V,6532,3/4,16APSK-new symbol rate, but the same IPTV streams are there.
11689 V,166,8/9,radio,is not new (Hi FC GD :Y),but I was glad I could lock it.
 

Attachments

  • 27.5W_10950-11700 V_2022-01-24_00-12-28.webp
    27.5W_10950-11700 V_2022-01-24_00-12-28.webp
    110.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 11689 V,166,89,s2_5 Radio_2022-01-23_23-51-43.webp
    11689 V,166,89,s2_5 Radio_2022-01-23_23-51-43.webp
    133.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 11609 V,6532,34,16psk-packetized_3 iptvosat_2022-01-22_17-04-55.webp
    11609 V,6532,34,16psk-packetized_3 iptvosat_2022-01-22_17-04-55.webp
    128 KB · Views: 28
11609 V,6532,3/4,16APSK-new symbol rate, but the same IPTV streams are there.
11689 V,166,8/9,radio,is not new (Hi FC GD :Y),but I was glad I could lock it.
Glad to hear that :)
Have a nice night!
 
@FC GD,please check 11689 V,166,8/9 if there are more radio streams reported on FlySat. I can't do that because of the fluctuating signal. Thanks :)
11609 V,6532,3/4,8PSK-All three IPTV streams are working again, third (228.5.6.11) from the Premier League.
10989 V,1800,1/4, S2 pop-up as new transponder activated, and 11583 V with new symbol rate.
 

Attachments

  • 11689 V,166,89,s2-Radio stream__2022-03-01_21-06-35.webp
    11689 V,166,89,s2-Radio stream__2022-03-01_21-06-35.webp
    175.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 10609 V,6532,34,8psk-3IP sat_2022-03-01_21-58-01.webp
    10609 V,6532,34,8psk-3IP sat_2022-03-01_21-58-01.webp
    134.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 10989 V,1800,14,s2-gs_2022-03-01_22-09-10.webp
    10989 V,1800,14,s2-gs_2022-03-01_22-09-10.webp
    153.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 11583 V,11648,34,32apsk-gs_2022-03-01_22-17-32.webp
    11583 V,11648,34,32apsk-gs_2022-03-01_22-17-32.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 27.5W_10950-11700 V__2022-03-01_21-41-44.webp
    27.5W_10950-11700 V__2022-03-01_21-41-44.webp
    113.8 KB · Views: 28
@FC GD,please check 11689 V,166,8/9 if there are more radio streams reported on FlySat. I can't do that because of the fluctuating signal. Thanks :)
11609 V,6532,3/4,8PSK-All three IPTV streams are working again, third (228.5.6.11) from the Premier League.
10989 V,1800,1/4, S2 pop-up as new transponder activated, and 11583 V with new symbol rate.
hi there,

ill try my best and check some of them next weekend, ill focus to narrow ones with 166, 83 and even 45 SR

Síminn Sport comes and goes, when i ve reported it for the first time even then it was showing Premier League , someone loves Premier League a lot :D

Screenshot 2022-03-01 225041.webp

i have actually checked some of frequncies last weekend and have recorded them but named as testing and testing2 and now i dont remember which one is which :)
data stream and pids were there but no content. ill do it again and try this weekend.
 
A successful lock, thanks to perfect atmospheric conditions and propagation.
​
11686.10 V
DVB-S2/QPSK​
83 8/9​
​
​
-NEW-
-R- Newstalk Ireland101 Engnew
Thanks for the info and congratulations on your success :Y
I confirm the presence of this transponder with a low symbol rate, obtained only with the IQmonitor app. Crazyscan does not know symbol rates below 100 Ks.
There are other transponders in this area with these low symbol rates, confirming what you found before and reported on FlySat.
 

Attachments

  • 27°5W_11686_V_1.webp
    27°5W_11686_V_1.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 19
  • 27°5W_11684_V_1.webp
    27°5W_11684_V_1.webp
    89.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 27°5W_2209082202_11460-11700 V .webp
    27°5W_2209082202_11460-11700 V .webp
    130.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 27°5W_2209082202.webp
    27°5W_2209082202.webp
    67.3 KB · Views: 27
After modifying the FW, EDISION is ready for experiments with DVB-IP :-clap
27W_11607_72V_signal.jpg27W_11607_72V_prog.jpg27W_11609_72V_PIDs.png27W_11609_72V_NIT.png27W_11609_72V_DATA.png
Code:
0cfddab4:0201:052e
    s 11609720:6533300:1:0:-275:2:0:1:0:3:2
/
Code:
0001:0cfddab4:0201:052e:1:0:0
DVB-IP 11609.72 V Siminn Radiomidun
p:,c:031ffe
 
Signal level on my 65cm parabol has dropped drastically. What about you guys? According to another topic on OpenPLI there are many experiencing the same
 
Signal level on my 65cm parabol has dropped drastically. What about you guys? According to another topic on OpenPLI there are many experiencing the same

HI, FC GD,
I noticed this last month when I tried to see the signal on some muxes. The weakest was 11495 V, around 6.0dB, in the afternoon. But I waited until the evening, when in my area, it increased, and I saw a slight improvement, about 1 dB, but not stable.
I monitored the satellite for a few days, and only those at the bottom of the band had an improved signal; then, gradually, it was a little better at 11495 V.
Unfortunately, on 11609V, which had the strongest signal at 27.1W before, with ip-over-sat, the signal weakened a lot. At one point, I managed to get a good signal on all muxes.
At one point, I also managed to make a Radio recording at 11689 V,166, having this time, as never before, a stable signal around 7.5dB, obtained with an Inverto PLL lnb.
However, the weakest signal remains 11495 V.
I remind you that I use a 1.50m antenna and IBU lnb:
 

Attachments

  • 27.5W_10950-11700 V_2023-06-20_23-18-00.png
    27.5W_10950-11700 V_2023-06-20_23-18-00.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 27.5W_11689 V,167-Radio_2023-06-18_21-40-05.png
    27.5W_11689 V,167-Radio_2023-06-18_21-40-05.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 8
Here are some interesting news regarding MEV-1 and MEV-2

Space insurers brace for more claims after propulsion trouble on four GEO satellites
According to multiple insurance sources, Yahsat’s Al Yah 3, Avanti Communications’ Hylas 4, and Northrop Grumman’s two Mission Extension Vehicles (MEV-1 and MEV-2) are operating with reduced power to their thrusters following a problem with onboard Power Processing Units (PPUs). The PPUs from Aerojet Rocketdyne provide the electrical power their thrusters need for station-keeping in geostationary orbit (GEO). One of the sources said Al Yah 3, Hylas 4, and MEV-2 have each lost one of two onboard PPUs since the issue emerged in 2022. The youngest of these spacecraft, MEV-2, launched in 2020. .


4 Geo satellites have problems
 
Last edited:
In my Google tray



I doubt there is much the recovery/replenishing vehicles can do to fix the historic stuff in orbit, geostationary/graveyard or out of kilter.

I have it on good authority all the LEOs (128 minute orbits) burn up completely on their way out, though how much of their circuitry and casings are safe once vapourised ?

 
Back
Top