Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i hope iam right here,with my special questions today in this forum!

on an old dr dish show ,maybe 5 years ago,there was a discusion,about,the coordinations,of difrent satelite positions worldwide!

tehre,is only one company that has the controlership for assingment,every satelite position worldwide,in the meantime, i forgot the name,of the company,but,they also says,that in 10 up to 20 years,the sky would be full,and all satelite positions in use!

also,there is a problem,when satelite are to near,from each other like amos and 5 east,or 28,5 and 26 east,here the use the same freqencys,and in areas,where,the signal is very low,the reception of this channels,will be much dificulter,when,the nabour satellite is very strong!

only,in europe,i think,it is coordinated,to use difrent freqency specturms of nabour satelites,
normaly it is no problem,but i think,when you try out of foot print reception,in arabic countys of 28,5 east with big antennas,then,badr 6 with is strong signal,could be a problem<that no signal has been received!

also i want to discuss,in my treath,what will happens,with old satelites,that are out off service,in the sky

will,the forever leave in the orbit ,or pull they down with a special rocket,into the earth garvitation for destroying it

divibi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb-s pci card
85 cm offset dish
My Location
London
Turok said:
will,the forever leave in the orbit ,or pull they down with a special rocket,into the earth garvitation for destroying it

I think the retired satellites are moved to a special graveyard and just drift in lower orbits without power and moved by gravity only. They are now called 'space junk' and are dangerous to space exploration.

IanW

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Turok,

The ITU-R (International Telecommunications Union- Radio) handles all co-ordination of satellite systems, they are a part of the UN, in effect.

Only a sovereign nation can make an application or 'filing' for a satellite system, many smaller nations and territories have acted for commercial satellite operators, famous examples are Gibraltar (Loral) , Bermuda (Intelsat), the Isle of Man (SES), and Tonga.

The filing process is long and tortuous, based on international diplomacy, it has been criticizes as not in the real world. However, it is there to ensure INTERFERENCE is kept to a minimum and as interference is mutually destructive to all parties then a procedure is necessary. Here is a paper from the ITU which illustrates the process for a satellite serving the Middle_East region;

_http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/tech/DevelopmentForums/2009/ARB/Presentations/Session2/RDF09_ARB_Presentation_VNozdrin_1.pdf

As for 'inclined' operation of nominally geo-synchronous satellites, this is permitted as the orbital position limit in the 'filing' is defined for the East-West parameter only. Holding the satellite stable in the North-South position is a commercial decision and is purely to allow fixed antennas on the ground to work reliably.

Inclined operation is when the satellite is allowed to drift North_South, this vastly extends the life of any satellite in GSO as normally 90% of the fuel on-board the satellite is used to correct for this drift.

Finally, once the fuel tank is almost empty, the last remaining fuel is used to 'boost' the satellite to a higher 'graveyard orbit'.

I notice you asked this question a year ago !

IanW.